Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- H63D HFE genotype accelerates disease progression in animal models of amyotrophic lateral sclerosisWint Nandar
Department of Neurosurgery, The Pennsylvania State University, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA Electronic address
Biochim Biophys Acta 1842:2413-26. 2014..Our findings indicate H63D HFE modifies ALS pathophysiology via pathways involving oxidative stress, gliosis and disruption of cellular functions. ..
- A mutation in the HFE gene is associated with altered brain iron profiles and increased oxidative stress in miceWint Nandar
Department of Neurosurgery, The Pennsylvania State University, M S Hershey Medical Center, PA 17033, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:729-41. 2013..The H67D knock-in mouse can be used as a model to evaluate how the H63D HFE mutation contributes to neurodegenerative diseases...
- Mutant HFE H63D protein is associated with prolonged endoplasmic reticulum stress and increased neuronal vulnerabilityYiting Liu
Department of Neurosurgery, Pennsylvania State University, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Biol Chem 286:13161-70. 2011..Overall, our studies indicate that the HFE H63D mutant protein is associated with prolonged ER stress and chronically increased neuronal vulnerability...
- Prolyl-peptidyl isomerase, Pin1, phosphorylation is compromised in association with the expression of the HFE polymorphic allele, H63DEric C Hall
George M Leader Family Laboratory, Department of Neurosurgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1802:389-95. 2010..Thus, we have shown another cellular mechanism that HFE polymorphisms influence; further supporting their role as neurodegenerative disease modifiers...
- HFE gene variants affect iron in the brainWint Nandar
Department of Neurosurgery, Pennsylvania State University, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Nutr 141:729S-739S. 2011..Importantly, the data herein also begin to dispel the long-held view that the brain is protected from iron accumulation associated with the HFE mutations...