Mitchell M Holland
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- MPS analysis of the mtDNA hypervariable regions on the MiSeq with improved enrichmentMitchell M Holland
Forensic Science Program, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, 339 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA, 16802, USA
Int J Legal Med . 2017..Given that Ex Taq® HS is a proofreading enzyme, using this approach should allow for improved analysis of low-level mtDNA heteroplasmy...
- Evaluation of the RapidHIT™ 200, an automated human identification system for STR analysis of single source samplesMitchell Holland
Forensic Science Program, The Pennsylvania State University, 107 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA 16802, USA Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 14:76-85. 2015....
- GeneMarker® HID: A reliable software tool for the analysis of forensic STR dataMitchell M Holland
The Pennsylvania State University, 107 Whitmore Laboratory, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Forensic Sci 56:29-35. 2011..The results suggest that laboratories can reduce the time required for data analysis by at least 25% when using GeneMarker HID...
- Second generation sequencing allows for mtDNA mixture deconvolution and high resolution detection of heteroplasmyMitchell M Holland
Forensic Science Program, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16870, USA
Croat Med J 52:299-313. 2011..To use parallel array pyrosequencing to deconvolute mixtures of mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) sequence and provide high resolution analysis of mtDNA heteroplasmy...
- Considering DNA damage when interpreting mtDNA heteroplasmy in deep sequencing dataMolly M Rathbun
Forensic Science Program, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Department, The Pennsylvania State University, 014 Thomas Building, University Park, PA 16802, United States
Forensic Sci Int Genet 26:1-11. 2017..These findings are particularly relevant to clinical and forensic investigations...
- Development and assessment of an optimized next-generation DNA sequencing approach for the mtgenome using the Illumina MiSeqJennifer A McElhoe
Forensic Science Program, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA Electronic address
Forensic Sci Int Genet 13:20-9. 2014....
- Molecular analysis of the human mitochondrial DNA control region for forensic identity testingMitchell M Holland
Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Protoc Hum Genet . 2012..The focus is on applications to forensic casework, and a number of case examples are provided. Any laboratory working with DNA from old or "ancient" samples will benefit from this information...