Michael D Herr
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- A real-time device for converting Doppler ultrasound audio signals into fluid flow velocityMichael D Herr
Heart and Vascular Institute, Penn State Hershey, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1626-32. 2010..This signal converter provides this capability inexpensively and requires no modification of either the imaging or data acquisition system...
- Transthoracic Doppler echocardiography to noninvasively assess coronary vasoconstrictor and dilator responses in humansAfsana Momen
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, The Milton S HersheyMedical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H524-9. 2010..The relative increases in CBV with adenosine obtained by intracoronary Doppler guidewire and TTD were similar (62 +/- 10% vs. 65 +/- 12%). Noninvasive TTD provides reliable human coronary circulatory constrictor and dilator data...
- Distension of central great vein decreases sympathetic outflow in humansJian Cui
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Heart and Vascular Institute, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 305:H378-85. 2013..The absence of a baroreflex-mediated bradycardia suggests that the Bainbridge reflex is engaged. Clearly, this reflex differs from the powerful sympathoexcitation peripheral venous distension reflex described in humans...
- Effect of cold air inhalation and isometric exercise on coronary blood flow and myocardial function in humansMatthew D Muller
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 111:1694-702. 2011....
- Effects of age on brachial artery myogenic responses in humansMary E J Lott
Division of Cardiology, H047, Penn State College of Medicine, P O Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R586-91. 2004....
- Muscle interstitial calcium during head-up tilt in humansSoraya Samii
Division of Cardiology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Circulation 109:215-9. 2004..Both of these cell types require extracellular calcium ([Ca2+]o) for proper activation and function. We hypothesize that [Ca2+]o rises with tilt and in the process contributes to vasoconstriction...
- Aging and the exercise pressor reflex in humansTroy A Markel
Cardiology Division, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Circulation 107:675-8. 2003..Blood flow limitation to exercising muscles engages the muscle reflex during exercise, evoking an increase in heart rate (HR), blood pressure (BP), and muscle sympathetic nerve activity (MSNA)...