R A Gabbay
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Evidence-based approach for managing hypertension in type 2 diabetesGerti Tashko
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Integr Blood Press Control 3:31-43. 2010..Overall, achieving BP < 130/80 mmHg is more important than searching for the "best" antihypertensive agent in patients with diabetes...
- Development and pilot of a low-literacy diabetes education book using social marketing techniquesMichelle Kavin
Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity and Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 500 University Drive, H044, Hershey, Pennsylvania, 17033, USA
Diabetes Ther 1:93-102. 2010..The secondary objective was to compare the value of providing only the book to patients versus providing the book along with a brief tutorial given by a nurse on how to use the book...
- Diabetes registries: where we are and where are we headed?Leila Khan
Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 11:255-62. 2009..Different aspects are compared and contrasted such as the institutional plan for each and whether care in the "here and now" is impacted...
- Critical features for a successful implementation of a diabetes registryRobert A Gabbay
Penn State Diabetes Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:958-67. 2005..As the healthcare system moves toward wider adoption of diabetes registries, key features of diabetes registry use are discussed...
- New dawn for diabetes data managementRobert A Gabbay
Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:801-4. 2005
- Nurse case management improves blood pressure, emotional distress and diabetes complication screeningRobert A Gabbay
The Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Diabetes Center, Department of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 500 University Drive, HO44, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:28-35. 2006..NCM improved BP, diabetes-related emotional distress, and process measures in primary care. Unchanged A1C and lipids might be due to a threshold effect. Intervention based upon initial risk assessment may prove more cost-effective...
- Optical coherence tomography-based continuous noninvasive glucose monitoring in patients with diabetesRobert A Gabbay
Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 10:188-93. 2008..OCT uses low coherence light with precise depth focusing ability to measure changes in the microvasculature structure for glucose detection...
- Optimal insulin pump dosing and postprandial glycemia following a pizza meal using the continuous glucose monitoring systemSusan M Jones
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 7:233-40. 2005..We attempted to identify an optimal insulin pump meal bolus by comparing postprandial sensor glucose values following three methods of insulin pump meal bolusing for a consistent pizza meal...
- Motivational interviewing by podiatric physicians: a method for improving patient self-care of the diabetic footRobert A Gabbay
Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 101:78-84. 2011..This article summarizes some key strategies that can be employed by podiatrists to improve foot self-care...
- Financial and clinical impact of team-based treatment for medicaid enrollees with diabetes in a federally qualified health centerDennis P Scanlon
Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Diabetes Care 31:2160-5. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether multidisciplinary team-based care guided by the chronic care model can reduce medical payments and improve quality for Medicaid enrollees with diabetes...
- Review of biphasic insulin aspart in the treatment of type 1 and 2 diabetesNazia Raja-Khan
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism, Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 3:919-35. 2007..Biphasic insulins conveniently provide both prandial and basal insulin in a single injection. One of the most well-studied biphasic insulins is biphasic insulin aspart 70/30...
- The effect of three snack bars on glycemic response in healthy adultsCarla K Miller
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 106:745-8. 2006..1+/-4.3). Although the long-term impact of snack foods with a lower glycemic load requires further research, the SmartZone and ZonePerfect bars provide a lower glycemic response for consumers...
- Increased hospital morbidity among trauma patients with diabetes mellitus compared with age- and injury severity score-matched control subjectsRehan Ahmad
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Department of Medicine, Penn State College of Medicine, and Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Arch Surg 142:613-8. 2007..We hypothesized that patients with diabetes mellitus (DM) have worse outcomes following trauma compared with patients without a history of DM...
- Do early ionized calcium levels really matter in trauma patients?Robert A Cherry
Penn State Shock Trauma Center and the Department of Surgery, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Trauma 61:774-9. 2006..This study investigates the relationship between ionized calcium (iCa) levels drawn on arrival to the emergency department, with injury severity, acidosis, hypotension, and mortality...
- Diabetes nurse case management and motivational interviewing for change (DYNAMIC): study design and baseline characteristics in the Chronic Care Model for type 2 diabetesHeather L Stuckey
Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 30:366-74. 2009..The primary care intervention is designed to improve patients' self care and to reduce clinical inertia through provider use of standardized clinical guidelines to achieve better diabetes outcomes...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors increase human sebum productionNishit R Trivedi
The Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Institute, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Invest Dermatol 126:2002-9. 2006..These data indicate that PPARs play a role in regulating sebum production and that selective modulation of their activity may represent a novel therapeutic strategy for the treatment of acne...
- Strategies to increase adherence through diabetes technologyRobert A Gabbay
Penn State Institute for Diabetes and Obesity, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 4:661-5. 2010....
- Initiating insulin therapy in type 2 Diabetes: a comparison of biphasic and basal insulin analogsPhilip Raskin
Department of Internal Medicine, Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Dallas, TX 75390 8858, USA
Diabetes Care 28:260-5. 2005..Safety and efficacy of biphasic insulin aspart 70/30 (BIAsp 70/30, prebreakfast and presupper) were compared with once-daily insulin glargine in type 2 diabetic subjects inadequately controlled on oral antidiabetic drugs (OADs)...
- Improved perioperative glycemic control by continuous insulin infusion under supervision of an endocrinologist does not increase costs in patients with diabetesAmit C Vora
Ambulatory Care Center, Wartburg, Tennessee, USA
Endocr Pract 10:112-8. 2004..We also evaluated impact of such a protocol on hospital length of stay (LOS) and development of deep sternal wound infections (DSWI)...
- Diabetes educators: implementing the chronic care modelLinda M Siminerio
Diabetes Educ 34:451-6. 2008
- Impact of nurse case management on diabetes co-morbidityRobert Gabbay; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..