C A Dellasega
Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- A piece of my mind. Healing in spacesCheryl Dellasega
JAMA 292:780. 2004
- Posthospital home care for frail older adults in rural locationsC A Dellasega
Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Internal Medicine HU15, PO Box 850, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Community Health Nurs 18:247-60. 2001..These findings suggest that discharge planning should include obtaining information about availability of both professional and nonprofessional services in the home community and arranging for appropriate delivery of both...
- A multimethod study of advanced practice nurse postdischarge careC A Dellasega
The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey 17033, USA
Clin Excell Nurse Pract 4:286-93. 2000..A theme of these results was more comprehensive and autonomous delivery and management of care to both elders and their caregivers...
- Caring for each otherCheryl Dellasega
Penn State University College of Medicine, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 11:105. 2003
- The humanities interface of nursing and medicineCheryl Dellasega
Humanities and Women s Studies, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center and The Pennsylvania State University, USA
J Prof Nurs 23:174-9. 2007....
- A different kind of caregiving support groupCheryl Dellasega
Department of Humanities, College of Medicine, The Pennsylvania State University, Hershey 17033, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 42:46-55. 2004..4. Therapeutic writing can be used independently or in a group to enable emotional expression. Nurses who work with caregivers can help develop interventions that use narrative writing as a method to improve coping...
- An exploratory study of the orientation needs of experienced nursesCheryl Dellasega
Penn State University College of Medicine, Department of Humanities, H134, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
J Contin Educ Nurs 40:311-6. 2009..Results suggest that orientation programs for experienced nurses should use specific educational strategies and content to promote engagement in a new position...
- Intensive insulin therapy in the critically ill geriatric patientJennifer Humbert
Penn State Diabetes Center, Penn State College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Crit Care Nurs Q 31:14-8. 2008..Methods for initiating intensive intravenous insulin therapies are discussed along with some of the biggest challenges faced by CCU nurses at the bedside...
- What influences individuals to engage in advance care planning?Benjamin H Levi
Department of Humanities, Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 27:306-12. 2010..Advance care planning (ACP) is an underutilized process that involves thinking about what kind of life-prolonging medical care one would want should the need arise, identifying a spokesperson, and then communicating these wishes...
- Qualitative analysis of telehomecare nursing activitiesKathryn H Dansky
Department of Health Policy and Administration, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, 16802, USA
J Nurs Adm 33:372-5. 2003
- Caregivers of frail rural older adults. Effects of an advanced practice nursing interventionCheryl Dellasega
Division of General Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University, P O Box 850 HU15, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 28:40-9. 2002..Findings support the importance of addressing the needs of caregivers post-discharge and the ability of APNs to improve post-discharge outcomes for home health care recipients and their caregivers...
- It's not about the foodCheryl Dellasega
Penn State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Adv Nurse Pract 13:92. 2005
- Diabetes nurse case management and motivational interviewing for change (DYNAMIC): study design and baseline characteristics in the Chronic Care Model for type 2 diabetesHeather L Stuckey
Department of Medicine, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, M S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, United States
Contemp Clin Trials 30:366-74. 2009..The primary care intervention is designed to improve patients' self care and to reduce clinical inertia through provider use of standardized clinical guidelines to achieve better diabetes outcomes...
- Telephone screening of older adults using the Orientation-Memory-Concentration testC A Dellasega
College of Medicine, Pennsylavania State University, Hershey, USA
Geriatr Nurs 22:253-7. 2001..The outcome implies that telephone screening of cognitive status can be reliable...
- A piece of my mind. Conflict of interestCheryl Dellasega
JAMA 290:2521-2. 2003