Affiliation: Pennsylvania State University
- Public and private hospitals in Bangladesh: service quality and predictors of hospital choiceS S Andaleeb
School of Business, Pennsylvania State University, Erie, USA
Health Policy Plan 15:95-102. 2000..Patient perceptions of service quality and key demographic characteristics were also used to predict choice of public or private hospitals. The model, based on discriminant analysis, demonstrated satisfactory predictive power...
- Service quality in public and private hospitals in urban Bangladesh: a comparative studyS S Andaleeb
School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University at Erie, Station Road, 16563 1400, Erie, PA, USA
Health Policy 53:25-37. 2000..This contention was largely supported. The results also indicated that both groups have room for improvement...
- Service quality perceptions and patient satisfaction: a study of hospitals in a developing countryS S Andaleeb
School of Busincess, The Pennsylvania State University at Erie, The Beheend College, 16563 1400, USA
Soc Sci Med 52:1359-70. 2001..Using factor analysis and multiple regression, significant associations were found between the five dimensions and patient satisfaction. Implications and future research issues are discussed...
- Patient satisfaction with health services in BangladeshSyed Saad Andaleeb
Sam and Irene Black School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University at Erie, Erie, PA 16563 1400, USA
Health Policy Plan 22:263-73. 2007..Doctors' service orientation, a composite of 13 measures, is the most important factor explaining patient satisfaction. Policy implications are discussed...
- Caring for children: a model of healthcare service quality in BangladeshSyed Andaleeb
Black School of Business, Pennsylvania State University, Erie, PA, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 20:339-45. 2008....
- Service experiences in hospitals in Bangladesh: are there gender inequities?Syed Saad Andaleeb
Sam and Irene Black School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University at Erie, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 23:591-606. 2010..From education and employment to health care and other social products, the marginalization of women has been stark. This paper aims to examine whether women experience poorer services than men in the hospitals in Bangladesh...
- Doctors' service orientation in public, private, and foreign hospitalsSyed Saad Andaleeb
Sam and Irene Black School of Business, The Pennsylvania State University at Erie, The Behrend College, Erie, Pennsylvania, USA
Int J Health Care Qual Assur 20:253-63. 2007..The purpose of this study is to propose a doctors' service orientation (DSO) scale and uses it to compare the services received in public, private and foreign hospitals in a developing country from the patient's perspective...