Genomes and Genes
Pennsylvania State University
Organization: Pennsylvania State University
- PERK in beta cell biology and insulin biogenesisDouglas R Cavener
Department of Biology, Center for Cellular Dynamics, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Trends Endocrinol Metab 21:714-21. 2010..Under normal physiological conditions, changes in ER calcium levels, mediated by glucose and other insulin secretagogues, regulate PERK activity for the purpose of controlling insulin biogenesis...
- A restoration genetics guide for coral reef conservationIliana B Baums
Department of Biology, The Pennsylvania State University, 208 Mueller Laboratory, University Park, PA, USA
Mol Ecol 17:2796-811. 2008....
- Cardiovascular disease risk awareness in systemic lupus erythematosus patientsLisabeth V Scalzi
Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
Arthritis Rheum 58:1458-64. 2008..The aim of this study was to identify factors associated with patients' recognition of SLE as an independent risk factor for CVD and their perception of their personal CVD risk...
- 'Searching for a "generalized social agent" to predict Namibians' intentions to prevent sexual transmission of HIVRachel A Smith
Communication Arts and Sciences, Pennsylvania State University, PA, USA
AIDS Care 20:235-43. 2008..Conflicting relationships between injunctive and subjective norms exist; stigma surrounding HIV prevention provides some explanation. Campaigns designed to alter norms may benefit from altering stigma simultaneously...
- The dynamics of measles in sub-Saharan AfricaMatthew J Ferrari
Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Nature 451:679-84. 2008..Such erratic dynamics emphasize the importance both of control strategies that address build-up of susceptible individuals and efforts to mitigate the impact of large outbreaks when they occur...
- The OGF-OGFr axis utilizes the p21 pathway to restrict progression of human pancreatic cancerFan Cheng
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Mol Cancer 7:5. 2008..The OGF-OGFr axis influences the G0/G1 phase of the cell cycle. In this investigation, we elucidate the pathway of OGF in the cell cycle...
- Processes linking adolescent well-being, marital love, and coparentingMegan E Baril
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, PA 16802, USA
J Fam Psychol 21:645-54. 2007..Linkages did not emerge for coparenting cooperation or triangulation. Interventions that are focused on the marital and coparental relationships in families with adolescents may modify trajectories of adolescent risky behavior...
- The evolutionary genetics of viral emergenceE C Holmes
Center for Infectious Disease Dynamics, Department of Biology, Mueller Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Curr Top Microbiol Immunol 315:51-66. 2007....
- Determinants of eating attitudes among overweight and non-overweight adolescentsDanielle Symons Downs
Exercise Psychology Laboratory, Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Adolesc Health 41:138-45. 2007....
- The role of leadership in creating a diversity-sensitive organizationJanice L Dreachslin
Penn State Great Valley, Malvern, Pennsylvania, USA
J Healthc Manag 52:151-5. 2007..To meet these demands with courage and conviction in the context of diversity is, perhaps, the ultimate healthcare leadership challenge in the foreseeable future...
- Extremely acidic, pendulous cave wall biofilms from the Frasassi cave system, ItalyJennifer L Macalady
Department of Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Environ Microbiol 9:1402-14. 2007....
- Effect of aging on baroreflex function in humansKevin D Monahan
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Div of Cardiology H047, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033 2390, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R3-R12. 2007..This is evidenced by the reduced potentiation of the pressor response to bolus infusion of a pressor drug after compared to before systemic ganglionic blockade in older compared with young adults...
- Alteration in renal organic anion transporter 1 after ischemia/reperfusion in cadaveric renal allograftsOsun Kwon
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 55:575-84. 2007..This manuscript contains online supplemental material at http://www.jhc.org. Please visit this article online to view these materials...
- Composite EBV negative peripheral T-cell lymphoma and diffuse large B-cell lymphoma involving the ileum: a case report and a systematic review of the literatureAshraf A Abou-Elella
Department of Pathology, Penn State College of Medicine, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Leuk Lymphoma 47:2208-17. 2006..Both the PTCL and DLBL components were negative for EBV. A review and analysis of the pertinent literature describing composite T- and B-cell lymphomas is performed and reported...
- Acid-sensing ion and epithelial sodium channels do not contribute to the mechanoreceptor component of the exercise pressor reflexJennifer L McCord
Penn State Heart and Vascular Institute, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 295:H1017-H1024. 2008..Our findings lead us to conclude that acid-sensing ion channels and epithelial sodium channels play little, if any, role in evoking the mechanical component of the exercise pressor reflex...
- Opposing plant community responses to warming with and without herbivoresEric Post
Department of Biology, Penn State University, 208 Mueller Lab, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:12353-8. 2008....
- Clinical nurse specialist practice in a care coordination modelCarol A Tringali
Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Nurse Spec 22:231-9. 2008..Although the approach varied, the outcomes of influencing the quality of nursing care, patient education, and safe, uncomplicated transition from the hospital to next disposition were the same...
- Effects of cryogenic sample analysis on molecular depth profiles with TOF-secondary ion mass spectrometryAlan M Piwowar
Surface Analysis Research Centre, Manchester Interdisciplinary Biocentre, School of Chemical Engineering and Analytical Science, The University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PL, United Kingdom
Anal Chem 82:8291-9. 2010..0 ± 0.4 × 10(-14) cm(2) at 300 K to 2.0 ± 0.3 × 10(-14) cm(2) at 80 K. The role of water as the facilitator for this reduction is explored through the use of H(2)O and D(2)O dosing experiments at 80 K...
- Regulation of mouse spermatogonial stem cell differentiation by STAT3 signalingJon M Oatley
Center for Reproductive Biology and Health, Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Biol Reprod 83:427-33. 2010..In contrast, STAT3 plays a central role in maintaining self-renewal of mouse embryonic stem cells, and STAT signaling is essential for self-renewal of male germline stem cells in Drosophila...
- The role of irreversible EGFR inhibitors in the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer: Overcoming resistance to reversible EGFR inhibitorsChandra P Belani
Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, 17033, USA
Cancer Invest 120:413-23. 2010..Irreversible epidermal growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors are an emerging class of agents that may have the potential to overcome and prevent the emergence of such mutation-related resistance...
- Bone marrow-derived endothelial progenitor cells and endothelial cells may contribute to endothelial repair in the kidney immediately after ischemia-reperfusionOsun Kwon
Pennsylvania State College of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 58:687-94. 2010..4% and 12.1% of tubule cells, respectively, were of recipient origin. These findings suggest that BMD EPCs and ECs may contribute to endothelial repair immediately after ischemia-reperfusion...
- Genes regulated by Nkx2-3 in siRNA-mediated knockdown B cells: implication of endothelin-1 in inflammatory bowel diseaseWei Yu
Department of Surgery, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Mol Genet Metab 100:88-95. 2010..05). Our present results demonstrate that a decrease in Nkx2-3 gene expression level can profoundly alter the expression of genes and cellular functions relevant to the pathogenesis and progression of IBD, such as EDN1...
- Genetic association of DLG5 R30Q with familial and sporadic inflammatory bowel disease in menZ Lin
Department of Surgery, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, 17033, USA
Dis Markers 27:193-201. 2009..The association of DLG5 R30Q with IBD has been replicated in several populations, but is not statistically significant in others. We studied the incidence of DLG5 alleles in a population of IBD patients from Pennsylvania...
- Manual rat sleep classification in principal component spaceTimothy P Gilmour
The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA, USA
Neurosci Lett 469:97-101. 2010..The PCA method on average required about 5 min for classification of each 24-h recording. The combination of good accuracy and reduced time compared to traditional sleep scoring suggests that the method may be useful for sleep research...
- Recovery to resting metabolic state after walkingDavid C Frankenfield
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Penn State Milton S HersheyMedical Center, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 109:1914-6. 2009..Rest periods of 30 minutes are not required, but the person should be observed for movement...
- Exploring the relationship between incidence and the average age of infection during seasonal epidemicsVirginia E Pitzer
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, 677 Huntington Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Theor Biol 260:175-85. 2009....
- Allenyl azide cycloaddition chemistry. 2,3-cyclopentennelated indole synthesis through indolidene intermediatesKen S Feldman
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Org Chem 74:4958-74. 2009..Computational studies of this multistep reaction support the intermediacy of indolidene intermediates whose electrocyclizations (with or without copper present) define the regioselectivity branch point in the sequence...
- How people can benefit from mental health consumer-run organizationsLouis D Brown
The Pennsylvania State University, 135 E Nittany Avenue, Suite 402, State College, PA 16801, USA
Am J Community Psychol 43:177-88. 2009..While inevitably tentative, the final conceptualization provides a more comprehensive understanding of the processes by which people can benefit from CRO participation...
- Crisis resource management: evaluating outcomes of a multidisciplinary teamTara Jankouskas
Department of Nursing, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Simul Healthc 2:96-101. 2007..The results suggest multidisciplinary team participation in the CRM program increased perceived team collaboration, satisfaction with care, and observed teamwork skills...
- Intraoperative techniques to assess cardiac function-feasiblity of strain rate imaging in the perioperative period in childrenLinda B Pauliks
Department of Pediatrics, Penn State Hershey College of Medicine, Penn State Hershey Children s Hospital, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
ASAIO J 54:454-7. 2008..It offers a method to quantitatively assess left and right ventricular performance and may help to compare different cardio-protective strategies...
- Studies on the mechanism of action of prekinamycin, a member of the diazoparaquinone family of natural products: evidence for both sp2 radical and orthoquinonemethide intermediatesKen S Feldman
Department of Chemistry, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
J Am Chem Soc 128:12562-73. 2006..On the basis of these product distribution studies, the intermediacies of, first, a cyclopentenyl radical and, next, an orthoquinonemethide electrophile are postulated...
- Alterations in blood glucose levels under hyperinsulinemia affect accumbens dopamineNicholas T Bello
Department of Neural and Behavioral Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Physiol Behav 88:138-45. 2006..These results together suggest that short-term blood glucose deviations coupled with acute hyperinsulinemia affect the mesoaccumbens dopamine system...
- Prehension synergiesVladimir M Zatsiorsky
Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 32:75-80. 2004..Prehension synergies involve the conjoint changes in finger forces and moments during multifinger gripping tasks. Some of these adjustments are dictated by mechanics, whereas others are the result of a choice by the performer...
- Statistics of Poincaré recurrences for maps with integrable and ergodic componentsH Hu
Department of Mathematics, Penn State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Chaos 14:160-71. 2004..To this end we present numerical investigations on the standard map which confirm the results of the model...
- A microtiter plate assay for assessing the interaction of eukaryotic initiation factor eIF4E with eIF4G and eIF4E binding protein-1Scot R Kimball
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Anal Biochem 325:364-8. 2004..It also has the advantage that absolute amounts of the individual proteins can be easily estimated. The approach should be applicable to the study of a wide variety of protein-protein interactions...
- Smoking abstinence impairs time estimation accuracy in cigarette smokersLaura Cousino Klein
Department of Biobehavioral Health, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
Psychopharmacol Bull 37:90-5. 2003..These results suggest that, in a controlled laboratory setting, smoking abstinence has a negative impact on time perception, which may contribute to the performance decrements and discomfort that smokers report during an attempt to quit...
- Clinical resistance of recurrent Candida albicans vulvovaginitis to fluconazole in the presence and absence of in vitro resistanceColin MacNeill
Division of Women s Health, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Reprod Med 48:63-8. 2003..To determine if failure of recurrent Candida albicans vulvovaginitis to respond clinically to fluconazole is related to in vitro mycologic resistance...
- Neurobehavioral analysis of developmental iron deficiency in ratsJohn L Beard
Graduate Program in Nutrition, Department of Nutrition, The Pennsylvania State University, S 126 Henderson Bldg, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Behav Brain Res 134:517-24. 2002..These observations also strengthen the argument that the Fe-dopamine link is fundamental to understanding biobehavioral difficulties seen in children with ID anemia...
- Obesigenic families: parents' physical activity and dietary intake patterns predict girls' risk of overweightK Krahnstoever Davison
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord 26:1186-93. 2002..To determine whether obesigenic families can be identified based on mothers' and fathers' dietary and activity patterns...
- Surfactant protein (SP) B associations and interactions with SP-A in white and black subjects with respiratory distress syndromeJ Floros
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, The Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, PO Box 850, 500 University Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Pediatr Int 43:567-76. 2001..The etiology of respiratory distress syndrome (RDS) is multifactorial and/or multigenic. Surfactant protein A (SP-A) and/or SP-B genetic variants have been identified as risk or protection factors for RDS...
- Brief Strategic Family Therapy versus community control: engagement, retention, and an exploration of the moderating role of adolescent symptom severityJ D Coatsworth
Department of Human Development and Family Studies, Pennsylvania State University, 105 White Building, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Fam Process 40:313-32. 2001....
- Effect of extreme hypercapnia on hypoxic-ischemic brain damage in the immature ratR C Vannucci
Departments of Pediatrics Pediatric Neurology, The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Penn State Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033 0850, USA
Pediatr Res 49:799-803. 2001....
- Vanadate ingestion increases the gain in wound breaking strength and leads to better organized collagen fibers in rats during healingH P Ehrlich
Department of Surgery, Milton S Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033 0850, USA
Plast Reconstr Surg 107:471-7. 2001..It is proposed that these changes in the organization of collagen fibers within incisional wounds were responsible for the increased wound breaking strength observed in rats ingesting vanadate...
- Noise, information transmission, and force variabilityA B Slifkin
Department of Biobehavioral Health, Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802 3903, USA
J Exp Psychol Hum Percept Perform 25:837-51. 1999..These findings indicate that force variability is not directly related to noise but that force output noisiness is positively correlated with the amount of information transmitted...
- Hormonal influences on stress-induced neutrophil mobilization in health and chronic fatigue syndromeJ G Cannon
Department of Medicine, New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Clin Immunol 18:291-8. 1998..240, P = 0.370; R = 0.042, P = 0.892; and R = 0.293, P = 0.270; respectively). These results suggest that normal endocrine influences on the circulating neutrophil pool may be disrupted in patients with CFS...
- Developmental outcomes after early prefrontal cortex damagePaul J Eslinger
Department of Neurology, Laboratory of Clinical Neuropsychology and Cognitive Neuroscience, Penn State University, College of Medicine, Hershey Medical Center, P O Box No 850, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Brain Cogn 55:84-103. 2004..The findings support the fundamental importance of prefrontal cortex maturation in protracted cognitive, social-emotional, and moral development...
- Factor analysis of household factors: are they associated with respiratory conditions in Chinese children?Zhengmin Qian
Department of Health Evaluation Sciences, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, 600 Centerview Drive, PO Box 855, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Int J Epidemiol 33:582-8. 2004..We explored methods to develop uncorrelated variables for epidemiological analysis models. They were used to examine associations between respiratory health outcomes and multiple household risk factors...
- Fusaric acid: a novel agent and mechanism to treat HNSCCBrendan C Stack
Division of Otolaryngology HNS, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, PA 17003, USA
Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:54-60. 2004..Fusaric acid (FA) can chelate divalent cations, especially zinc, and inactivate zinc finger proteins involved in DNA repair and protein synthesis...
- Molecular simulations of benzene and PAH interactions with sootJames D Kubicki
Department of Geosciences, The Earth and Environmental Systems Institute, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Environ Sci Technol 40:2298-303. 2006..The methodology developed bythis research can be used to predict PAH K(d) values that have not yet been measured...
- Power-law scaling for macroscopic entropy and microscopic complexity: evidence from human movement and postureS Lee Hong
Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16802, USA
Chaos 16:013135. 2006..This power-law relation affords the postulation that the organization of movement and posture dynamics occurs as a fractal process...
- Molecular regulation of receptor tyrosine kinases in hematopoietic malignanciesPamela H Correll
Department of Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences, Center for Molecular Immunology and Infectious Disease, The Pennsylvania State University, 115 Henning Building, University Park, PA 16802 3500, United States
Gene 374:26-38. 2006....
- Antenna impedance matching with neural networksThomas L Hemminger
School of Engineering and Engineering Technology, Penn State Erie, The Behrend College Station Road, Erie, PA 16563, USA
Int J Neural Syst 15:357-61. 2005..Double stub tuners are being explored in this paper but the approach can certainly be applied to other methodologies. The ultimate purpose of this work is the development of an inexpensive microcontroller-based system...
- Controlling for anthropogenically induced atmospheric variation in stable carbon isotope studiesEric S Long
Department of Biology, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks, ND, 58202, USA
Oecologia 146:148-56. 2005..Controlling for long-term atmospheric variation and correcting tissue samples for changes in isotopic baseline facilitate analysis of samples that span a large temporal range...
- Trematode infection correlates with shell shape and defence morphology in a freshwater snailE P Levri
Division of Math and Sciences, 3000 Ivyside Park, Penn State Altoona, Altoona, PA 16601, USA
Parasitology 130:699-708. 2005..The changes in phenotype observed are unlikely to be adaptive for either the host or parasite and probably represent physiological by-products of the host-parasite relationship...
- The pST44 polycistronic expression system for producing protein complexes in Escherichia coliSong Tan
Center for Gene Regulation, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 108 Althouse Laboratory, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802 1014, USA
Protein Expr Purif 40:385-95. 2005..We also utilize the modular design to show that the order of expression of the three subunits along the polycistronic plasmid does not affect the reconstitution of the yeast Piccolo complex in E. coli...
- Genetic determinants of weight of fast- and slow-twitch skeletal muscle in 500-day-old mice of the C57BL/6J and DBA/2J lineageA Lionikas
Center for Developmental and Health Genetics, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Physiol Genomics 21:184-92. 2005..In summary, muscle weight in B6/D2 lineage is affected by a polygenic system that has variable influences at different ages, between males and females, and across muscles in a manner independent of muscle type...
- Maternal iron deficiency anemia affects postpartum emotions and cognitionJohn L Beard
Department of Nutritional Sciences, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Nutr 135:267-72. 2005..There are likely ramifications of this poorer "functioning" on mother-child interactions and infant development, but the constraints around this relation will have to be defined in larger studies...
- Palaeoclimatology: Archaean atmosphere and climateJames F Kasting
Department of Geosciences, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, Pennsylvania 16801, USA
Nature 432:1 p following 460. 2004..Here I consider several factors that may undermine their conclusions...
- Requirement of heat shock protein 90 for human hepatitis B virus reverse transcriptase functionJianming Hu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology H107, The Pennsylvania State University, 500 University Dr, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
J Virol 78:13122-31. 2004..The establishment of a defined in vitro reconstitution system has now paved the way for future biochemical and structural studies to elucidate the mechanisms of RT-epsilon interaction and chaperone activation...
- Intracerebroventricular administration of MK-801 increases food intake through mechanisms independent of gastric emptyingM Covasa
Department of Nutritional Sciences, College of Health and Human Development, The Pennsylvania State University, 126 South Henderson, University Park, PA 16802, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R1462-7. 2004..However, because ICV MK-801 failed to increase gastric emptying, these results indicate that MK-801 increases food intake through mechanisms independent of altered gastric emptying...
- Inbreeding influences herbivory in Cucurbita pepo ssp. texana (Cucurbitaceae)C Nelson Hayes
Department of Biology, Pennsylvania State University, 208 Mueller Laboratory, University Park, PA 16802 USA
Oecologia 140:601-8. 2004..Therefore, the magnitude of inbreeding depression in C. pepo ssp. texana varies depending on the severity of beetle herbivory...
- An algorithm for determining gravity line location from posturographic recordingsV M Zatsiorsky
Department of Kinesiology, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Biomech 31:161-4. 1998..79 to 0.96. These results suggest that the zero-point-to-zero-point-integration is an acceptable technique for determining GLP from posturographic recordings...
- Treatment of Hyperandrogenism vs. Insulin Resistance in Infertile PCOS WomenRichard S Legro; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our goal is to develop safe and effective treatments to improve the treatment of infertility in women with PCOS, but the findings can be generalized to all women with PCOS. ..
- GENOTYPING FAMILIES OF WOMEN WITH PCOS--POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also attempt to determine whether a male, a premenarchal and/or a post-menopausal phenotype exists in familial PCOS. ..
- PHENOTYPE AND GENOTYPE IN FAMILIAL POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will also attempt to determine whether a male, a premenarchal and/or a post-menopausal phenotype exists in familial PCOS. This study is also being performed at the Hershey Campus. ..
- EXERCISE ON INSULIN TOLERANCE IN WOMEN WITH PCOSRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2000..The purpose of this study is to examine the effects of a low intensity exercise training on insulin action in women with PCOS. Insulin action will be determined using the minimal model FSIGT. ..
- ASSESSING SAFETY/EFFICACY OF TROGLITAZONE IN PCOS--POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2002..Premenopausal women with PCOS between the ages of 18-40 will be studied. ..
- PHENOTYPING KINDRIDS OF FAMILIAL POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2002..We propose to fully phenotype previously identified kindreds of familial PCOS for clinical, biometric and biochemical abnormalities. ..
- A Randomized Trial of Letrozole vs Clomiphene in Infertile Women with PCOSRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- INSULIN RESISTANCE IN PCOS--SEQUELAE AND TREATMENTRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2005..Improving insulin action through diet and exercise, with and without weight loss, will result in lowered circulating insulin levels, lowered androgens and increased ovulatory frequency rate in PCOS women. ..
- Effect of Continuous vs. Sequential Oral ContraceptionRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..Therefore, the risks and benefits of a CCOCP regimen are an important women's health issue that warrant investigation. ..
- COOPERATIVE MULTICENTER REPRODUCTIVE MEDICINE NETWORKRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2004..This study could have a major impact on infertility in PCOS women while avoiding the risks and costly burden of OHSS and multiple pregnancy. ..
- PHENOTYPING KINDRIDS OF FAMILIAL POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 2000..We propose to fully phenotype previously identified kindreds of familial PCOS for clinical, biometric and biochemical abnormalities. ..
- BONE DENSITY IN WOMEN WITH POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROMERICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 1999..Lumbar and femur bone density measurements will also be obtained. This same tests will be used to calculate total body lean mass and total body fat mass. ..
- EFFECTS OF 3 ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES ON VARIOUS METABOLIC PARAMETERSRICHARD LEGRO; Fiscal Year: 1999..Descriptive statistics will be provided to assist in evaluation of the metabolic effects of the three regimens. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- Regulation of Nutrient Sensing and Muscle Wasting by AlcoholCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies have a translational underpinning in that the data may lead to development of novel clinical interventions designed to reverse alcoholic myopathy during rehabilitation. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF IGF SYSTEM DURING INFECTIONCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 1999..These experiments will be conducted on cultured L6 myotubes, and protein synthesis, breakdown and amino acid transport will be quantitated. ..
- Cytokine Regulation of Muscle Protein Synthesis During InfectionCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our research will determine the mechanism for this muscle atrophy which will ultimately lead to development of novel therapeutic treatment and improve patient outcome. ..
- MYOCARDIAL PROTEIN SYNTHESIS AFTER ALCOHOL INTOXICATIONCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Overall, the research design will establish the mechanism by which myocardial protein synthesis is reduced in response to alcohol abuse. ..
- Regulation of Nutrient Sensing and Muscle Wasting by AlcoholCharles H Lang; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed studies have a translational underpinning in that the data may lead to development of novel clinical interventions designed to reverse alcoholic myopathy during rehabilitation. ..
- Antiretroviral-Induced Defects in Muscle Protein SynthesisCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2007..Such data is needed to both realize the full potential and avoid possible pitfalls of this drug in the long-term treatment of HIV-infected individuals. ..
- CYTOKINE REGULATION OF IGF SYSTEM DURING INFECTIONCharles Lang; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..