James A Flint
Affiliation: Pan American Health Organization
- From stool to statistics: reporting of acute gastrointestinal illnesses in CanadaJames A Flint
Foodborne, Waterborne and Zoonotic Infections Division, Centre for Infectious Disease Prevention and Control, Population and Public Health Branch, Health Canada
Can J Public Health 95:309-13. 2004..Given the public health value of surveillance data, a closer examination of under-reporting of enteric illnesses in Canada was warranted...
- Physician diagnostic and reporting practices for gastrointestinal illnesses in three health regions of British ColumbiaVictoria L Edge
Foodborne, Waterborne and Zoonotic Infections Division, Public Health Agency of Canada, 255 Woodlawn Rd W, Unit 120, Guelph, ON N1H 8J1
Can J Public Health 98:306-10. 2007....
- Population distribution and burden of acute gastrointestinal illness in British Columbia, CanadaM Kate Thomas
Foodborne, Waterborne and Zoonotic Infections Division, Public Health Agency of Canada, Guelph and Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
BMC Public Health 6:307. 2006..In developed countries, gastrointestinal illness (GI) is typically mild and self-limiting, however, it has considerable economic impact due to high morbidity...
- Estimating the under-reporting rate for infectious gastrointestinal illness in OntarioShannon E Majowicz
Department of Population Medicine, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
Can J Public Health 96:178-81. 2005..Since reportable enteric data are known to represent only a small fraction of the total IGI in the community, the objective of this study was to estimate the under-reporting rate for IGI in Ontario...
- Estimating the burden of acute gastroenteritis, foodborne disease, and pathogens commonly transmitted by food: an international reviewJames A Flint
Caribbean Epidemiology Centre, PAHO, World Health Organization, Port of Spain, Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
Clin Infect Dis 41:698-704. 2005..This article reviews these key national studies and the international efforts that are providing the necessary information and technical resources to derive national, regional, and global burden of disease estimates...