MONICA M SMITH
Affiliation: Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research
- Nature versus nurture segues to choice versus circumstance in the new millennium: one consideration for an integrative biopsychosocial philosophy, art, and science of chiropracticMonica Smith
Associate Professor, Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Palmer College of Chiropractic, San Jose, CA 95134
J Chiropr Humanit 16:26-31. 2009..This commentary discusses the evolving sociocultural roles and sociocultural authority of chiropractic...
- Survey of US chiropractors' perceptions about their clinical role as specialist or generalistMonica Smith
Associate Professor, Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Palmer College of Chiropractic, San Jose, CA
J Chiropr Humanit 16:21-5. 2009..The purpose of this study was to provide new information that describes chiropractors' professional identity relative to their perceived clinical role as specialist or generalist...
- Referral patterns and attitudes of primary care physicians towards chiropractorsBarry R Greene
Department of Health Management and Policy, College of Public Health, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 6:5. 2006..The objectives of our study were to contrast the intra-professional referral patterns among PCPs with referral patterns to DCs, and to identify predictors of PCP referral to DCs...
- Could chiropractors screen for adverse drug events in the community? Survey of US chiropractorsMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport, IA, USA
Chiropr Osteopat 18:30. 2010....
- Identifying episodes of back pain using medical expenditures panel survey data: patient experience, use of services, and chronicityMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Palmer College of Chiropractic, San Jose, CA 95134, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 33:562-75. 2010..To explore the correspondence between "Episodes-of-Pain" and "episodes of care" for individuals with back pain...
- Chiropractors as safety net providers: first report of findings and methods from a US survey of chiropractorsMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport, Iava
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 30:718-28. 2007..This study evaluates the actual or potential contribution of the chiropractic profession in meeting US healthcare workforce needs...
- First report on a US project analyzing chiropractic and medical interprofessional relationshipsMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport IA, USA
J Interprof Care 18:320-1. 2004
- Survey of health attitudes and behaviors of a chiropractic college populationWilliam N DuMonthier
Palmer College of Chiropractic, West Campus, San Jose, Calif 95134 1617, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 32:477-84. 2009..We also assessed the perceived importance of the chiropractic physician in role modeling and teaching healthy behaviors to patients...
- A compilation of chiropractic and complementary/alternative medicine (CAM) data from public-use national surveys: report on a health-services research resource for the chiropractic and CAM scientific communityMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport, Iowa 52803, USA
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:573-8. 2002..The full potential for using such data to examine the delivery, utilization, organization, and costs of chiropractic or complementary/alternative (CAM) health care remains largely untapped...
- Chiropractic health care in health professional shortage areas in the United StatesMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research PCCR, Davenport, Iowa 52803, USA
Am J Public Health 92:2001-9. 2002..We compared chiropractic practice volume in areas of high versus areas of low or no shortages of primary care providers...
- The CAM movement and the integration of quality health care: the case of chiropracticMonica Smith
Palmer Center for Chiropractic Research, Davenport, Iowa, USA
J Ambul Care Manage 25:1-16. 2002..A critical point of departure for this area of inquiry is identifying and addressing barriers to conducting scientifically sound and meaningful cross-disciplinary, practice-based research...
- CAM Use, Costs, Outcomes in Recurrent Back Pain EpisodesMonica Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007....