James P Carson
Affiliation: Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Adaptive generation of multimaterial grids from imaging data for biomedical Lagrangian fluid-structure simulationsJames P Carson
Biological Monitoring and Modeling, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA, USA
Biomech Model Mechanobiol 9:187-201. 2010....
- High resolution lung airway cast segmentation with proper topology suitable for computational fluid dynamic simulationsJames P Carson
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 902 Battelle Boulevard, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Comput Med Imaging Graph 34:572-8. 2010..Here we describe a new technique for segmenting airways with proper topology and apply the approach to an image volume generated by magnetic resonance imaging of a silicone cast created from an excised monkey lung...
- Phase-contrast MRI and CFD modeling of apparent ³He gas flow in rat pulmonary airwaysKevin R Minard
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, P O Box 999, Richland, WA 99352, USA
J Magn Reson 221:129-38. 2012..Higher-fidelity testing of pulmonary airflow predictions should therefore be possible with future imaging improvements...
- Fluid-Structure Interactions of the Mitral Valve and Left Heart: Comprehensive Strategies, Past, Present and FutureDaniel R Einstein
Biological Monitoring and Modeling, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA
Int J Numer Methods Eng 26:348-380. 2010....
- An efficient algorithm for mapping imaging data to 3D unstructured grids in computational biomechanicsDaniel R Einstein
Systems Toxicology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA, U S A
Int j numer method biomed eng 29:1-16. 2013..Execution times and parallel performance are reported for each case...
- Comparative Risks of Aldehyde Constituents in Cigarette Smoke Using Transient Computational Fluid Dynamics/Physiologically Based Pharmacokinetic Models of the Rat and Human Respiratory TractsRichard A Corley
Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352 Texas Advanced Computing Center, University of Texas, Austin, Texas 78758 Radiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 and Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195
Toxicol Sci 146:65-88. 2015....
- Dynamic multiscale boundary conditions for 4D CT of healthy and emphysematous ratsRichard E Jacob
Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e65874. 2013..Volume maps in diseased rats show increased compliance and ventilation heterogeneity. Future predictive multiscale models of rodent respiration may leverage such volume maps as boundary conditions...
- In situ casting and imaging of the rat airway tree for accurate 3D reconstructionRichard E Jacob
Department of Systems Toxicology, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Exp Lung Res 39:249-57. 2013..Animal work was approved by the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory...
- An automated self-similarity analysis of the pulmonary tree of the Sprague-Dawley ratDaniel R Einstein
Biological Monitoring and Modeling, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 291:1628-48. 2008..Our analysis shows that airway diameters and lengths have both a deterministic and stochastic character...
- Detecting radiation-induced injury using rapid 3D variogram analysis of CT images of rat lungsRichard E Jacob
Systems Toxicology, 902 Battelle Blvd, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352 Electronic address
Acad Radiol 20:1264-71. 2013..To investigate the ability of variogram analysis of octree-decomposed computed tomography (CT) images and volume change maps to detect radiation-induced damage in rat lungs...
- High-speed tandem mass spectrometric in situ imaging by nanospray desorption electrospray ionization mass spectrometryIngela Lanekoff
Physical Sciences Division and Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington 99352, United States
Anal Chem 85:9596-603. 2013..Furthermore, we identified several metabolites associated with early pregnancy and obtained the first 2D images of these molecules. ..
- Comparison of two quantitative methods of discerning airspace enlargement in smoke-exposed miceRichard E Jacob
Biological Monitoring and Modeling, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, Washington, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6670. 2009..Therefore, D(2) may serve as a more accurate screening measure for detecting early lung disease than L(m)...
- Automated measurement of heterogeneity in CT images of healthy and diseased rat lungs using variogram analysis of an octree decompositionRichard E Jacob
Biological Sciences Division, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, 902 Battelle Blvd, Richland, WA 99352, USA
BMC Med Imaging 14:1. 2014..We combined a three-dimensional (3D) computer graphics method-octree decomposition-with a geostatistics-based approach for assessing spatial relationships-the variogram-to evaluate disease in 3D computed tomography (CT) image volumes...
- Visualization of high resolution spatial mass spectrometric data during acquisitionMathew Thomas
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99354, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:5545-8. 2012..This software approach is a significant advance over the previous state-of-the art methods that required the conversion of the RAW data using one software, manual assembly of the data, and visualization in another software...
- Detecting distance between injected microspheres and target tumor via 3D reconstruction of tissue sectionsJames P Carson
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2012:1149-52. 2012..Distance from the microspheres to the tumor was calculated using a fast deterministic point inclusion method...
- Lossless 3-D reconstruction and registration of semi-quantitative gene expression data in the mouse brainMatthew A Enlow
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Richland, WA 99352, USA
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:8086-9. 2011..Standard reconstruction and registration without the lossless approach resulted in errors in cellular quantities of ∼ 8%...