M F Pittenger
Affiliation: Osiris Therapeutics
- Multilineage potential of adult human mesenchymal stem cellsM F Pittenger
Osiris Therapeutics, 2001 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, MD 21231 3043, USA
Science 284:143-7. 1999..These adult stem cells could be induced to differentiate exclusively into the adipocytic, chondrocytic, or osteocytic lineages. Individual stem cells were identified that, when expanded to colonies, retained their multilineage potential...
- Mesenchymal stem cells from adult bone marrowMark F Pittenger
Cardiology Dept of Medicine, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 449:27-44. 2008..The methods provided here have been used in many laboratories around the world and the reader can begin by following the methods presented here, and then test other methods if these prove unsatisfactory for your intended purpose...
- Mesenchymal stem cells and their potential as cardiac therapeuticsMark F Pittenger
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, 2001 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Circ Res 95:9-20. 2004....
- Dynamic imaging of allogeneic mesenchymal stem cells trafficking to myocardial infarctionDara L Kraitchman
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Circulation 112:1451-61. 2005..However, the histological interpretation of postmortem tissue, on which many of these studies are based, has recently been widely debated...
- Dual-modality monitoring of targeted intraarterial delivery of mesenchymal stem cells after transient ischemiaPiotr Walczak
Division of MR Research, Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 217 Traylor, 720 Rutland Ave, Baltimore, MD 21205 2195, USA
Stroke 39:1569-74. 2008..We assessed the suitability of laser Doppler flow (LDF) signal measurements and magnetic resonance (MR) imaging for noninvasive dual monitoring of targeted IA cell delivery...
- Adult mesenchymal stem cells: potential for muscle and tendon regeneration and use in gene therapyM Pittenger
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 2:309-20. 2002..Therapeutic applications of adult stem cells are approaching clinical use in several fields, furthering the possibility to regenerate damaged and diseased tissue...
- Chondrogenic differentiation of cultured human mesenchymal stem cells from marrowA M Mackay
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21231 2001, USA
Tissue Eng 4:415-28. 1998..Increased understanding of the induction of chondrogenic differentiation should lead to further progress in defining the mechanisms responsible for the generation of cartilaginous tissues, their maintenance, and their regeneration...
- Human mesenchymal stem cells maintain transgene expression during expansion and differentiationK Lee
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, 2001 Aliceanna Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21231-2001, USA
Mol Ther 3:857-66. 2001..These results illustrate the ability of hMSCs to express genes of therapeutic potential and demonstrate their potential clinical utility as cellular vehicles for systemic gene delivery...
- Activation of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma pathway inhibits osteoclast differentiationG Mbalaviele
Osiris Therapeutics, Inc, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Biol Chem 275:14388-93. 2000..These data establish a link between PPAR-gamma and OPGL signaling within Ocl progenitors, and support a role for PPAR-gamma pathway in the modulation of osteoclastogenesis...
- 111In oxine labelled mesenchymal stem cell SPECT after intravenous administration in myocardial infarctionB B Chin
Department of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Nucl Med Commun 24:1149-54. 2003..Because intravenous administration of MSCs results in significant lung activity that obscures the assessment of myocardial cell trafficking, alternative routes of administration should be investigated for this application...
- Mesenchymal stem cell implantation in a swine myocardial infarct model: engraftment and functional effectsJay G Shake
The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 73:1919-25; discussion 1926. 2002..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether implantation of autologous MSCs results in sustained engraftment, myogenic differentiation, and improved cardiac function in a swine myocardial infarct model...
- Feridex-labeled mesenchymal stem cells: cellular differentiation and MR assessment in a canine myocardial infarction modelJeff W M Bulte
Dept of Radiology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Acad Radiol 12:S2-6. 2005
- Feridex labeling of mesenchymal stem cells inhibits chondrogenesis but not adipogenesis or osteogenesisLisa Kostura
Osiris Therapeutics Inc, Baltimore, MD, USA
NMR Biomed 17:513-7. 2004..On the other hand, no detrimental effects of Feridex-labeling are anticipated for MR-guided osteogenic or adipogenic transplantation studies...
- Chondrogenic differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells is inhibited after magnetic labeling with ferumoxidesJeff W M Bulte
Blood 104:3410-2; author reply 3412-3. 2004
- Human mesenchymal stem cells modulate allogeneic immune cell responsesSudeepta Aggarwal
Osiris Therapeutics, 2001 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Blood 105:1815-22. 2005....
- In vivo magnetic resonance imaging of mesenchymal stem cells in myocardial infarctionDara L Kraitchman
Johns Hopkins University, School of Medicine, Department of Radiology, 601 N Caroline St, Suite 4231, Baltimore, MD 21287 0845, USA
Circulation 107:2290-3. 2003..We investigated the potential of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) to track magnetically labeled mesenchymal stem cells (MR-MSCs) in a swine myocardial infarction (MI) model...
- Cell therapy in the heart: cell production, transplantation, and applicationsKevin S Cahill
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida School of Medicine, Gainesville, USA
Methods Mol Biol 219:73-81. 2003