William L Griffin
Affiliation: OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center
- Reduced articular surface of one-piece cups: a cause of runaway wear and early failureWilliam L Griffin
The OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center, The OrthoCarolina Research Institute, Charlotte, NC
Clin Orthop Relat Res 468:2328-32. 2010..A recent study suggests a reduced functional articular arc is associated with increased ion release and the arc is a function of component design, size, and the abduction angle...
- Modular insert exchange in knee arthroplasty for treatment of wear and osteolysisWilliam L Griffin
OrthoCarolina, Charlotte, NC, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 464:132-7. 2007....
- Why revision total hip arthroplasty failsBryan D Springer
OrthoCarolina, PA, Charlotte, NC 28207, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 467:166-73. 2009..Survivorship for revision total hip arthroplasty using second revision as endpoint was 82% at 10 years. Aseptic loosening and instability accounted for 65% of these failures...
- Role of Surgical Dressings in Total Joint Arthroplasty: A Randomized Controlled TrialBryan D Springer
OrthoCarolina Hip and Knee Center, Charlotte, NC
Am J Orthop (Belle Mead NJ) 44:415-20. 2015..0001) fewer dressing changes; and patient satisfaction was significantly (P < .0001) higher. Use of occlusive dressings can reduce wound complications and promote wound healing after total joint arthroplasty. ..
- Sterilization and wear-related failure in first- and second-generation press-fit condylar total knee arthroplastyWilliam L Griffin
Orthocarolina Hip and Knee Center and Orthocarolina Research Institute, Charlotte, NC, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 464:16-20. 2007..These data emphasize the dramatic effect improvements in polyethylene manufacturing, specifically sterilization methods, can have on implant survivorship...
- Bipolar reconstruction for recurrent instability of the hipMatthew C Nadaud
Charlotte Orthopedic Specialists Hip and Knee Center and Charlotte Orthopedic Research Institute, Charlotte, NC, USA
Orthopedics 27:746-51. 2004..All patients who underwent revision to a bipolar prosthesis had no further instability. Acetabular revision to a bipolar prosthesis provides stability in recurrent prosthetic hip instability...