Heather M Young
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Types, prevalence, and potential clinical significance of medication administration errors in assisted livingHeather M Young
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University Ashland, Oregon 97520, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1199-205. 2008..To describe the types and potential clinical significance of medication administration errors in assisted living (AL)...
- Nurse preparation and organizational support for supervision of unlicensed assistive personnel in nursing homes: a qualitative explorationElena O Siegel
Oregon Health and Science University School of Nursing, Portland, OR 97239 2941, USA
Gerontologist 48:453-63. 2008..The purpose of this paper is to describe the organizational, managerial, and nurse-level factors associated with the nurse's role as supervisor of UAP in nursing homes...
- Preparing daughters: the context of rurality on mothers' role in contraceptionJoanne Noone
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Ashland Campus, 1250 Siskiyou Boulevard, Ashland, OR 97520, USA
J Rural Health 25:282-9. 2009..Given the increased difficulty rural young women face regarding contraceptive access, parental communication and support play an even more vital role in assisting them to navigate decisions about and access to contraception...
- Rural mothers' experiences and perceptions of their role in pregnancy prevention for their adolescent daughtersJoanne Noone
School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Ashland, OR, USA
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:27-36. 2010..To explore rural mothers' experiences and perceptions of their role in talking with daughters about pregnancy prevention...
- Nurse delegation of medication administration for older adults in assisted livingSusan C Reinhard
Institute for Health, Health Care Policy, and Aging Research, Rutgers Center for State Health Policy, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:74-80. 2006..Nurses have the opportunity to shape this evolving practice arena and to enhance awareness of the professional and clinical issues inherent in working with UAP in medication delivery...
- Linking theory and gerontological nursing practice in senior housingHeather M Young
John A Hartford Center of Geriatric Nursing Excellence Oregon Health and Science University School of Nursing, Ashland, Oregon, USA
Geriatr Nurs 27:346-54. 2006..The models and their application to practice are described, with examples at the individual, group, and community levels. Implications and future directions are identified for the use of such models in gerontological nursing practice...