Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Functionalized nanoporous silica for the removal of heavy metals from biological systems: adsorption and applicationWassana Yantasee
Department of Biomedical Engineering, OHSU School of Medicine, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2:2749-58. 2010..The results show that organic ligand functionalized nanoporous silica could be a valuable material for a range of detoxification therapies and potentially other biomedical applications...
- Functional sorbents for selective capture of plutonium, americium, uranium, and thorium in bloodWassana Yantasee
Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Health Phys 99:413-9. 2010..By changing the organic groups of SAMMS, they can be used not only for actinides but also for other radionuclides. By using the mixture of these SAMMS materials, broad spectrum decorporation of radionuclides is very feasible...
- Novel sorbents for removal of gadolinium-based contrast agents in sorbent dialysis and hemoperfusion: preventive approaches to nephrogenic systemic fibrosisWassana Yantasee
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Nanomedicine 6:1-8. 2010....
- Dermal delivery of HSP47 siRNA with NOX4-modulating mesoporous silica-based nanoparticles for treating fibrosisJingga Morry
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University, 3303 SW Bond Ave, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Biomaterials 66:41-52. 2015..In addition, the antioxidant MSNP also played a prominent role in reducing the pro-fibrotic markers, NOX4, alpha smooth muscle actin (α-SMA), and collagen type I (COL I), as well as skin thickness of the mice...
- Novel oral detoxification of mercury, cadmium, and lead with thiol-modified nanoporous silicaThanapon Sangvanich
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Oregon Health and Science University OHSU, Portland, Oregon, United States
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 6:5483-93. 2014..Altogether, it has great potential as a new oral drug for the treatment of heavy metal poisoning. This new application is enabled by the installation of tailored interfacial chemistry upon nontoxic nanoporous materials. ..