Genomes and Genes
Nicole A R Walter
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The potential significance of adaptive evolution and dimerization in chimpanzee intercellular cell adhesion molecules (ICAMs)Nicole A R Walter
Evolutionary Genomics, Colorado Bioscience Park Center, 12635 East Montview Boulevard, Aurora, Colorado 80010, USA
J Theor Biol 232:339-46. 2005....
- High throughput sequencing in mice: a platform comparison identifies a preponderance of cryptic SNPsNicole A R Walter
Research and Development Service, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
BMC Genomics 10:379. 2009..With the advent of next-generation, high-throughput sequencing, we are now in a position to determine to what extent polymorphisms are currently cryptic in such models and their impact on downstream analyses...
- Mapping a barbiturate withdrawal locus to a 0.44 Mb interval and analysis of a novel null mutant identify a role for Kcnj9 (GIRK3) in withdrawal from pentobarbital, zolpidem, and ethanolLaura B Kozell
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
J Neurosci 29:11662-73. 2009..Thus, our results will be primary to additional efforts to identify genes involved in a wide variety of behavioral responses to sedative-hypnotics and may directly facilitate progress in human genetics...
- Effects of selection for ethanol preference on gene expression in the nucleus accumbens of HS-CC miceAlexandre M Colville
Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR, 97239
Genes Brain Behav . 2017..These data in part support the earlier observation of Mulligan et al. (2006) that preference is linked to Ras/Mapk pathways...
- Dual-trait selection for ethanol consumption and withdrawal: genetic and transcriptional network effectsPamela Metten
Portland Alcohol Research Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 38:2915-24. 2014..We used a novel mouse model developed by simultaneous selection for both high alcohol consumption/low withdrawal and low alcohol consumption/high withdrawal and analyzed the gene expression and genome-wide genotypic differences...
- Computational detection of alternative exon usageTed G Laderas
Oregon Clinical Research and Translational Institute, Oregon Health and Science University Portland, OR, USA
Front Neurosci 5:69. 2011..g., gene, transcripts) and the entity (e.g., exon, probeset) within the statistical model. The framework we present is broadly applicable to other platforms (including RNAseq)...
- Genetic diversity and striatal gene networks: focus on the heterogeneous stock-collaborative cross (HS-CC) mouseOvidiu D Iancu
Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
BMC Genomics 11:585. 2010..Brain (striatum) gene expression data were obtained using the Illumina Mouse WG 6.1 array, and the data sets were interrogated using a weighted gene co-expression network analysis (WGCNA)...
- Evaluating gene expression in C57BL/6J and DBA/2J mouse striatum using RNA-Seq and microarraysDaniel Bottomly
Oregon Clinical and Translational Research Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e17820. 2011....
- Mpdz is a quantitative trait gene for drug withdrawal seizuresRenee L Shirley
Portland Alcohol Research Center and Department of Behavioral Neuroscience, Oregon Health and Science University, and the Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, mailcode L 470, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Nat Neurosci 7:699-700. 2004..Our findings provide a framework to define the protein interactions and neural circuit by which this gene's product (multiple PDZ domain protein) affects drug dependence, withdrawal and relapse...