David C Spencer
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Selective amygdalohippocampectomyDavid Spencer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 9739, USA
Epilepsy Res Treat 2012:382095. 2012..This paper reviews the indications for SAH, the technical advances that have led to greater adoption of the procedure, the expectations for seizure control, and the risks of morbidity...
- The effects of electronic health record implementation on medical student educatorsDavid C Spencer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Teach Learn Med 24:106-10. 2012..Electronic heath records (EHRs) are being rapidly adopted. Little attention has been paid to the effects of EHR implementation on teaching...
- The role of the intracarotid amobarbital procedure in evaluation of patients for epilepsy surgeryD C Spencer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, USA
Epilepsia 41:320-5. 2000..To examine the role of the intracarotid amobarbital procedure (IAP) in the presurgical evaluation of patients with medically refractory localization-related epilepsy...
- MRS in relation to hippocampal volume in the oldest oldDavid C Spencer
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Neurology, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Neurology 60:1194-6. 2003..Neuropsychological tests and APOE genotype did not correlate with MRS ratios. MRS measures are candidate biomarkers for dementia risk...
- Temporal lobe magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging following selective amygdalohippocampectomy for treatment-resistant epilepsyD C Spencer
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 112:6-12. 2005..We hypothesized that PSz patients had more extensive temporal lobe metabolite abnormalities than SzF patients...
- Laterality and temporal distribution of seizures in patients with bitemporal independent seizures during a trial of responsive neurostimulationDavid Spencer
Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd CR120, Portland, OR 97239, United States
Epilepsy Res 93:221-5. 2011..Clustering of seizures did not clearly affect laterality. Some but not all subjects with bTLE displayed nonrandom temporal or lateral clustering of seizures...
- Effects of oxcarbazepine and phenytoin on the EEG and cognition in healthy volunteersM C Salinsky
Department of Neurology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Epilepsy Behav 5:894-902. 2004..The only significant difference between AEDs was for the POMS-Vigor scale, favoring OXC. The small sample size may have contributed to the lack of significant differences between AEDs...
- Effects of topiramate and gabapentin on cognitive abilities in healthy volunteersM C Salinsky
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Neurology 64:792-8. 2005..To evaluate the cognitive effects of topiramate (TPM) and gabapentin (GBP)...