Genomes and Genes
M S Sonders
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Multiple ionic conductances of the human dopamine transporter: the actions of dopamine and psychostimulantsM S Sonders
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
J Neurosci 17:960-74. 1997..In addition, the voltage dependence of DA uptake suggests a mechanism through which presynaptic DA autoreceptor activation may accelerate the termination of dopaminergic neurotransmission in vivo...
- The antidepressant-sensitive dopamine transporter in Drosophila melanogaster: a primordial carrier for catecholaminesP Porzgen
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 59:83-95. 2001..The identification of a cocaine-sensitive target linked to dopaminergic neurotransmission in D. melanogaster will serve as a basis for further dissection of the genetic components of psychostimulant-mediated behavior...
- Neurotransmitter transporters as molecular targets for addictive drugsS G Amara
Vollum Institute, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland 97201, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 51:87-96. 1998....
- Human neurons express the polyspecific cation transporter hOCT2, which translocates monoamine neurotransmitters, amantadine, and memantineA E Busch
Institut fur Physiologie, 72076 Tubingen, Germany
Mol Pharmacol 54:342-52. 1998..However, concentrations of amantadine that are effective for the treatment of Parkinson's disease may increase the interstitial concentrations of dopamine and other aminergic neurotransmitters by competitive inhibition of hOCT2...
- Amphetamine, 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine, lysergic acid diethylamide, and metabolites of the catecholamine neurotransmitters are agonists of a rat trace amine receptorJ R Bunzow
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97201, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:1181-8. 2001....