Darren J Malinoski
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The impact of meeting donor management goals on the development of delayed graft function in kidney transplant recipientsD J Malinoski
Surgical Critical Care Section, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Transplant 13:993-1000. 2013..The management of potential organ donors prior to consent affects outcomes and should remain a priority in the intensive care unit...
- Which central venous catheters have the highest rate of catheter-associated deep venous thrombosis: a prospective analysis of 2,128 catheter days in the surgical intensive care unitDarren Malinoski
Section of Surgical Critical Care, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97207, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:454-60; discussion 461-2. 2013..We sought to determine the true incidence of and risk factors for CADVT based on patient characteristics as well as CVC site, type, and duration of insertion...
- The impact of meeting donor management goals on the number of organs transplanted per donor: results from the United Network for Organ Sharing Region 5 prospective donor management goals studyDarren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Crit Care Med 40:2773-80. 2012..Although retrospective studies have demonstrated an association between meeting donor management goals and organ yield, prospective studies are lacking...
- Crush injury and rhabdomyolysisDarren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 Southwest Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Crit Care Clin 20:171-92. 2004..Further studies are needed to demonstrate if any treatment regimen is truly superior to early, aggressive crystalloid infusion...
- Trauma center level impacts survival for cirrhotic trauma patientsMarko Bukur
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 74:1133-7. 2013..The impact of trauma center level on post-injury survival in cirrhotic patients has not been well studied...
- Support for blood alcohol screening in pediatric traumaEric J Ley
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Surg 204:939-43; discussion 943. 2012..Alcohol intoxication in pediatric trauma is underappreciated. The aim of this study was to characterize alcohol screening rates in pediatric trauma...
- Achieving donor management goals before deceased donor procurement is associated with more organs transplanted per donorDarren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California 90048, USA
J Trauma 71:990-5; discussion 996. 2011..We hypothesized that meeting DMGs before organ procurement would result in more organs transplanted per donor (OTPD)...
- Influence of resident involvement on trauma care outcomesMarko Bukur
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, 8635WThird St, Ste 650, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
Arch Surg 147:856-62. 2012..Discrepancies exist in complications and outcomes at teaching trauma centers (TTCs) vs nonteaching TCs (NTCs)...
- Patients on state organ donor registries receive similar levels of intensive care compared to those who are not: an opportunity to increase public intent to donateMadhukar S Patel
Department of Surgery, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Clin Transplant 30:682-7. 2016..The association noted in this study may therefore help to dispel a common misperception that decreases the intent to donate. ..
- Risk factors for traumatic injury findings on thoracic computed tomography among patients with blunt trauma having a normal chest radiographMeghann L Kaiser
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine, 333 City Blvd W, The City Tower, Orange, CA 92868, USA
Arch Surg 146:459-63. 2011..We sought to identify risk factors that might predict acute traumatic injury findings on thoracic computed tomography (TCT) among patients having a normal initial chest radiograph (CR)...
- Impact of compliance with the American College of Surgeons trauma center verification requirements on organ donation-related outcomesDarren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Am Coll Surg 215:186-92. 2012..We hypothesized that meeting the ACS requirements will be associated with improved donation outcomes...
- Reducing the rate of catheter-associated bloodstream infections in a surgical intensive care unit using the Institute for Healthcare Improvement Central Line BundleGreg D Sacks
Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Am J Surg 207:817-23. 2014..This study sought to determine whether implementation of the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Central Line Bundle would reduce the incidence of CLABSIs...
- The natural history of upper extremity deep venous thromboses in critically ill surgical and trauma patients: what is the role of anticoagulation?Darren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Trauma 71:316-21; discussion 321-2. 2011....
- A diagnostic delay of 5 hours increases the risk of death after blunt hollow viscus injuryDarren J Malinoski
Department of Surgery, University of California, Irvine, California 92868, USA
J Trauma 69:84-7. 2010..Hollow viscus injuries (HVI) are uncommon after blunt trauma, and accomplishing a timely diagnosis can be difficult. Time to operative intervention has been implicated as a risk factor for mortality, but reports are conflicting...
- Bicarbonate and mannitol treatment for traumatic rhabdomyolysis revisitedJamison S Nielsen
Department of Surgery, Division of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care and Acute Care Surgery, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
Am J Surg 213:73-79. 2017..A rhabdomyolysis protocol (RP) with mannitol and bicarbonate to prevent acute renal dysfunction (ARD, creatinine >2.0 mg/dL) remains controversial...
- Incidence of venous thromboembolism after inferior vena cava injuryMatthew B Singer
Division of Trauma and Critical Care, Department of Surgery, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Surg Res 177:306-9. 2012..The purpose of this study is to examine the VTE rate following ligation versus repair of IVC injuries...