Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Management of hyperglycemia in a hospitalized patient with diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular diseaseJoel Papak
Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Am J Cardiol 110:24B-31B. 2012....
- Post-discharge intervention in vulnerable, chronically ill patientsDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland VA Medical Center, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:124-30. 2012..Studies suggest that the inpatient to outpatient transition of care is a vulnerable period for patients, and socioeconomically disadvantaged populations may be particularly susceptible...
- Intensive insulin therapy in hospitalized patients: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, USA
Ann Intern Med 154:268-82. 2011..The benefits and harms of intensive insulin therapy (IIT) titrated to strict glycemic targets in hospitalized patients remain uncertain...
- Risk prediction models for hospital readmission: a systematic reviewDevan Kansagara
Department of General Internal Medicine, Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Mailcode RD71, 3710 SW US Veterans Hospital Rd, Portland, OR 97239, USA
JAMA 306:1688-98. 2011..Predicting hospital readmission risk is of great interest to identify which patients would benefit most from care transition interventions, as well as to risk-adjust readmission rates for the purposes of hospital comparison...
- The Effects of Pay-for-Performance Programs on Health, Health Care Use, and Processes of Care: A Systematic ReviewAaron Mendelson
From VA Portland Health Care System, and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, and RAND Corporation, Santa Monica, California
Ann Intern Med . 2017..The benefits of pay-for-performance (P4P) programs are uncertain...
- Effectiveness of Left Atrial Appendage Exclusion Procedures to Reduce the Risk of Stroke: A Systematic Review of the EvidenceNorth Noelck
From the Department of Medicine, VA Portland Healthcare System, Portland, OR N N, J P, D K Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland N N, J P, D K and VA Evidence based Synthesis Program, VA Portland Healthcare System, Portland, OR M F, R P, A L, M M, K K, D K
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 9:395-405. 2016..We conducted a systematic review of the benefits and harms of surgical and percutaneous LAA exclusion procedures...
- Benefits and Harms of Intensive Blood Pressure Treatment in Adults Aged 60 Years or Older: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysisJessica Weiss
From Veterans Affairs Portland Health Care System and Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon
Ann Intern Med . 2017..Recent guidelines recommend a systolic blood pressure (SBP) goal of less than 150 mm Hg for adults aged 60 years or older, but the balance of benefits and harms is unclear in light of newer evidence...
- "Did I do as best as the system would let me?" Healthcare professional views on hospital to home care transitionsMelinda M Davis
Oregon Rural Practice Based Research Network, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:1649-56. 2012..Patients are vulnerable to poor quality, fragmented care as they transition from hospital to home. Few studies examine the discharge process from the perspectives of multiple healthcare professionals...
- Implementation Processes and Pay for Performance in Healthcare: A Systematic ReviewKarli K Kondo
Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Evidence Based Synthesis Program, Mailcode RD71, 3710 SW U S Veterans Hospital Road, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 31:61-9. 2016..We conducted a systematic review and key informant (KI) interviews to better understand the implementation factors that modify the effectiveness of P4P...
- "We've not gotten even close to what we want to do": a qualitative study of early patient-centered medical home implementationAnais Tuepker
Portland VA Medical Center, Health Services Research and Development VISN 20 PACT Demonstration Laboratory, Veterans Health Administration, Mail code R and D63, PO Box 1034, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S614-22. 2014....
- So many options, where do we start? An overview of the care transitions literatureDevan Kansagara
Department of Medicine, VA Portland Health Care System, Portland, Oregon
J Hosp Med 11:221-30. 2016..Health systems are faced with a large array of transitional care interventions and patient populations to whom such activities might apply...
- Planning and designing the care transitions innovation (C-Train) for uninsured and Medicaid patientsHonora Englander
Departments of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University Englander Kansagara and Portland VA Medical Center Kansagara, Portland, OR, USA
J Hosp Med 7:524-9. 2012..This article describes our experience developing a hospital-funded transitional care program for uninsured and Medicaid patients...
- Screening adults for type 2 diabetes: a review of the evidence for the U.S. Preventive Services Task ForceSusan L Norris
Oregon Evidence based Practice Center of the Oregon Health and Science University and Portland Veterans Administration Medical Center, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Ann Intern Med 148:855-68. 2008..In addition, it is estimated that more than 54 million adults have prediabetes. Debate continues over the benefits and harms of screening and then treating adults who have asymptomatic diabetes or prediabetes...
- The care transitions innovation (C-TraIn) for socioeconomically disadvantaged adults: results of a cluster randomized controlled trialHonora Englander
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, BTE 119, Portland, OR, 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:1460-7. 2014..It is important to consider these patients separately as many are high-utilizers, have different needs, and may have different responses to interventions...
- Educational group visits for the management of chronic health conditions: a systematic reviewAna R Quiñones
Portland VA Medical Center, Health Services Research and Development, Portland, USA Oregon Health and Science University, Public Health and Preventive Medicine, Portland, USA Electronic address
Patient Educ Couns 95:3-29. 2014..Review the effectiveness of group visits (appointments of multiple patients) on quality of life, function, self-efficacy, utilization, and biophysical outcomes in randomized controlled trials of patients with chronic conditions...
- Getting performance metrics right: a qualitative study of staff experiences implementing and measuring practice transformationDevan Kansagara
Portland VA Medical Center Health Services Research and Development VISN 20 PACT Demonstration Laboratory, Veterans Health Administration, Mailcode R and D63, PO Box 1034, Portland, OR, 97207, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:S607-13. 2014..Staff perceptions of performance metric implementation have not been well-researched in medical home settings...