Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Teaching internal medicine residents in the new era. Inpatient attending with duty-hour regulationsRebecca Harrison
Division of Hospitalist Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:447-52. 2006..Little is known about the impact of resident duty-hour regulations on the inpatient teaching experience...
- Wernicke's encephalopathy in a patient with schizophreniaRebecca A Harrison
Division of Hospital Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR, USA
J Gen Intern Med 21:C8-C11. 2006..This is particularly important in psychiatric patients where the syndrome may be masked and thus treatment delayed...
- A time for change: an exploration of attitudes toward part-time work in academia among women internists and their division chiefsRebecca A Harrison
Division of Hospital Medicine Teaching Hospitalist Program, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland, Oregon 97239, USA
Acad Med 84:80-6. 2009..Increasing numbers of clinicians desire part-time work, and many will opt out of academic medicine if the barriers to part-time work are too great...
- Survey of US academic hospitalist leaders about mentorship and academic activities in hospitalist groupsRebecca Harrison
Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
J Hosp Med 6:5-9. 2011..Few data describe the structure, activities, and goals of academic hospital medicine groups...
- Capnocytophaga ochracea causing severe sepsis and purpura fulminans in an immunocompetent patientSima S Desai
Department of Medicine, CR 119, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
J Infect 54:e107-9. 2007..We present the first described case of C. ochracea causing severe sepsis and purpura fulminans in an immunocompetent host...
- Features of successful academic hospitalist programs: Insights from the SCHOLAR (SuCcessful HOspitaLists in academics and research) projectGregory B Seymann
Department of Medicine, Division of Hospital Medicine, University of California, San Diego, San Diego, California
J Hosp Med 11:708-713. 2016..As clinical demands increase, understanding the features that allow academic hospital medicine programs (AHPs) to thrive has become increasingly important...
- Survey of overnight academic hospitalist supervision of traineesJeanne M Farnan
Department of Medicine, Section of Hospital Medicine, The University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
J Hosp Med 7:521-3. 2012....
- Evolving trends in balancing work and family for future academic physicians: a role for personal storiesRebecca Harrison
Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Med Teach 30:316-8. 2008....
- Medical student evaluation of the quality of hospitalist and nonhospitalist teaching faculty on inpatient medicine rotationsAlan J Hunter
Department of Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University School of Medicine, Portland 97239, USA
Acad Med 79:78-82. 2004..To evaluate the impact of academic hospitalists on third-year medical students during inpatient medicine rotations...