Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- Barriers and facilitators to exchanging health information: a systematic reviewKaren B Eden
Pacific Northwest Evidence based Practice Center, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA Electronic address
Int J Med Inform 88:44-51. 2016..We conducted a systematic review of studies assessing facilitators and barriers to use of health information exchange (HIE)...
- Use of online safety decision aid by abused women: effect on decisional conflict in a randomized controlled trialKaren B Eden
Pacific Northwest Evidence based Practice Center, Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Oregon Health and Science University Electronic address
Am J Prev Med 48:372-83. 2015..An Internet safety decision aid was developed to help abused women understand their risk for repeat and near-lethal intimate partner violence, clarify priorities related to safety, and develop an action plan customized to these priorities...
- Screening high-risk populations for thyroid cancerK Eden
Oregon Health Sciences University, Evidence Based Practice Center, Portland, Oregon
Med Pediatr Oncol 36:583-91. 2001..We systematically reviewed evidence on the accuracy of ultrasound and palpation to detect thyroid nodules and of fine needle aspiration (FNA), a confirmatory test, to diagnose thyroid cancer...
- Selecting information technology for physicians' practices: a cross-sectional studyKaren Beekman Eden
Division of Medical Informatics and Outcomes Research, Oregon Health Sciences University, BICC, 3181 S, W, Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2:4. 2002..The primary objective of this research was to identify the relationship (if any) between the software selection process and the office staff's perceptions of the software's impact on practice activities...
- Patients were more consistent in randomized trial at prioritizing childbirth preferences using graphic-numeric than verbal formatsKaren B Eden
Oregon Health and Science University, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, Portland, OR, USA
J Clin Epidemiol 62:415-424.e3. 2009..Because there was uncertainty about which scale format would assist the patients in being most consistent in prioritizing preferences in a multiattribute decision model, we compared a graphic-numeric scale with a text-anchored scale...
- New insights on vaginal birth after cesarean: can it be predicted?Karen B Eden
Oregon Evidence Based Practice Center, Department of Medical Informatics and Clinical Epidemiology, School of Nursing, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 3098, USA
Obstet Gynecol 116:967-81. 2010..To evaluate existing vaginal birth after cesarean (VBAC) screening tools and to identify additional factors that may predict VBAC or failed trial of labor...