Affiliation: Oregon Research Institute
- Comparisons of adolescent and parent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocolsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, Eugene, Oregon, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:229-35. 2005..The purpose of this study was to compare parent and adolescent willingness to participate in minimal and above-minimal risk pediatric asthma research protocols...
- Predicting adolescent asthma research participation decisions from a structural equations model of protocol factorsJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102, USA
J Adolesc Health 51:252-8. 2012..We hypothesized that a single conceptual model, tested through structural equations modeling, could explain adolescent assent and parent consent for adolescent research participation...
- Conceptualizing the role of research literacy in advancing societal healthJanet L Brody
Oregon Research Institute, Center for Family and Adolescent Research, USA
J Health Psychol 17:724-30. 2012..The proposed research literacy model identifies methods to enhance population knowledge and appreciation of research, strengthening links between scientific advancement and health...
- Family and physician influence on asthma research participation decisions for adolescents: the effects of adolescent gender and research riskJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, 2700 Yale SE, Suite 200, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87106, USA
Pediatrics 118:e356-62. 2006....
- Enrolling adolescents in asthma research: adolescent, parent, and physician influence in the decision-making processJanet L Brody
Center for Family and Adolescent Research, Oregon Research Institute, 707 Broadway NE, Suite 402, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87102, USA
J Asthma 46:492-7. 2009..Physician recommendations are also known to influence research participation decisions. Little attention has been given to how these dynamics may affect adolescents' involvement in decisions to participate in research...
- BARRIERS TO VOLUNTARY ASSENT IN ASTHMA YOUTH RESEARCHJANET BRODY; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..