R M Braziel
Affiliation: Oregon Health and Science University
- The Burkitt-like lymphomas: a Southwest Oncology Group study delineating phenotypic, genotypic, and clinical featuresR M Braziel
Department of Pathology, L471, Oregon Health Sciences University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Blood 97:3713-20. 2001..Retention of the BLL category or inclusion of BLL as a variant of BL is biologically and clinically more appropriate than absorbing the category of BLL into DLBCL. (Blood. 2001;97:3713-3720)..
- Hematopathologic and cytogenetic findings in imatinib mesylate-treated chronic myelogenous leukemia patients: 14 months' experienceRita M Braziel
Dept of Pathology, Oregon Health Sciences University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Blood 100:435-41. 2002..Several patients acquired additional clonal cytogenetic abnormalities during therapy, a finding with significant implications for prognosis and laboratory monitoring in imatinib mesylate-treated CML patients...
- Hypothesis: sarcoidosis is a STAT1-mediated diseaseJames T Rosenbaum
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Clin Immunol 132:174-83. 2009....
- Expression of vascular endothelial growth factor and its receptors in rosaceaJustine R Smith
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Road, Biomedical Research Building, Mail Code L467AD, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Br J Ophthalmol 91:226-9. 2007..Recognising that vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is vasoactive and has inflammatory activities, the expression of this molecule and its receptors, VEGF-R1 and VEGF-R2, in rosacea was investigated...
- Expression of B-cell-attracting chemokine 1 (CXCL13) by malignant lymphocytes and vascular endothelium in primary central nervous system lymphomaJustine R Smith
Casey Eye Institute and Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Blood 101:815-21. 2003..In PCNSL, expression of BCA-1 by malignant lymphocytes and vascular endothelium may influence tumor development and localization to CNS...
- Fine-needle aspiration biopsy of anaplastic large cell lymphoma, small cell variant with prominent plasmacytoid features: case reportKen M Gatter
Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, OR 97201 3098, USA
Diagn Cytopathol 26:113-6. 2002..This case report shows that a cytopathologist should include ALK-positive ALCL in the differential diagnosis of plasmacytoid proliferations cell because of the clinical importance of the ALK-positive ALCL...
- Comparison of fascin expression in anaplastic large cell lymphoma and Hodgkin diseaseGuang Fan
Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Mail Code L471, Portland, OR 97201, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 119:199-204. 2003..Positive staining for fascin is not useful for distinguishing ALCL from HD. In some cases, fascin negativity may help rule out classic HD...
- Immunophenotypic variations of Burkitt lymphomaKatalin Kelemen
Dept of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, 97239 3098, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:127-38. 2010..If the immunophenotype is interpreted in isolation, the diagnosis could be missed. Recognizing the variability of immunophenotype is essential for establishing an accurate diagnosis of BL...
- Gene expression predicts overall survival in paraffin-embedded tissues of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOPLisa M Rimsza
Department of Pathology, University of Arizona, Tucson, USA
Blood 112:3425-33. 2008....
- Malignant B cells from patients with primary central nervous system lymphoma express stromal cell-derived factor-1Justine R Smith
Casey Eye Institute, Science University, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 127:633-41. 2007..Our observations raise the possibility of targeting the SDF-1-CXCR4 signaling pathway as a potential treatment for PCNSL...
- B-Cells in ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative lesions express B-cell attracting chemokine 1 (CXCL13)Katherine M Falkenhagen
Casey Eye Institute, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon 97239 4197, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 140:335-7. 2005..We investigated the cellular expression of this chemokine in the spectrum of ocular adnexal lymphoproliferative lesions...
- Immunophenotypic correlation between skin biopsy and peripheral blood findings in mycosis fungoidesKatalin Kelemen
Dept of Pathology, Oregon Health and Science University, Mail Code L 471, 3181 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd, Portland, OR 97239 3098, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 134:739-48. 2010..In addition, our findings suggest CD8+ MF to be more common than previously reported...
- FLT3 K663Q is a novel AML-associated oncogenic kinase: Determination of biochemical properties and sensitivity to Sunitinib (SU11248)M M Schittenhelm
Department of Pathology and Medicine, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute and Portland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Portland, OR 97239, USA
Leukemia 20:2008-14. 2006..We conclude that FLT3 mutations in AML can involve novel regions of the TK1. Future studies are needed to define the incidence and prognostic significance of FLT3 mutations outside the well-established JM and AL regions...
- Proteomic profiling of mature CD10+ B-cell lymphomasGuang Fan
Department of Pathology, Oregon Health and Sciences University, Portland 97239, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 124:920-9. 2005..To our knowledge, this is the first proteomic study using protein-chip technology for molecular classification of B-cell lymphoma subtypes with clinical samples...
- Loss of MHC class II gene and protein expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma is related to decreased tumor immunosurveillance and poor patient survival regardless of other prognostic factors: a follow-up study from the Leukemia and Lymphoma MolecularLisa M Rimsza
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, University of Arizona, 1501 N Campbell Ave, PO Box 245043, Tucson, AZ 85724 5043, USA
Blood 103:4251-8. 2004..8% versus 11.0%; P =.001), supporting the hypothesis that loss of tumor immunosurveillance has a devastating effect on patient outcome in DLBCL...
- Expression of immunoglobulin transcription factors in primary intraocular lymphoma and primary central nervous system lymphomaSarah E Coupland
Department of Pathology, Charite University Medicine, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3957-64. 2005..PIOL is a rare non-Hodgkin lymphoma, considered a subtype of PCNSL. Both are usually diffuse, large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL), rarely manifest outside the CNS, and carry a poor prognosis...
- Prediction of survival in follicular lymphoma based on molecular features of tumor-infiltrating immune cellsSandeep S Dave
National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
N Engl J Med 351:2159-69. 2004..We used gene-expression profiles of tumor-biopsy specimens obtained at diagnosis to develop a molecular predictor of the length of survival...
- Prominent clonal B-cell populations identified by flow cytometry in histologically reactive lymphoid proliferationsSteven J Kussick
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 121:464-72. 2004..Our findings add rare cases of follicular hyperplasia to the list of histologically reactive settings in which clonal B-cell populations might be present...
- Molecular diagnosis of Burkitt's lymphomaSandeep S Dave
National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
N Engl J Med 354:2431-42. 2006..We examined whether gene-expression profiling could reliably distinguish Burkitt's lymphoma from diffuse large-B-cell lymphoma...
- A phase 2 trial of CHOP chemotherapy followed by tositumomab/iodine I 131 tositumomab for previously untreated follicular non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Southwest Oncology Group Protocol S9911Oliver W Press
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, D3 190, 1100 Fairview Ave, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Blood 102:1606-12. 2003..This novel treatment appears promising compared with the SWOG's historical experience using CHOP alone and is currently being compared with CHOP plus rituximab in a randomized phase 3 trial (S0016)...
- Effects of MLN518, a dual FLT3 and KIT inhibitor, on normal and malignant hematopoiesisIan J Griswold
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Oregon Health and Science University Cancer Institute, Portland 97239, USA
Blood 104:2912-8. 2004..In analogy to imatinib mesylate in BCR-ABL-positive acute leukemia, MLN518-induced remissions may not be durable. Our studies provide the basis for integrating this compound into chemotherapy and transplantation protocols...