Oregon Center for Applied Science
Organization: Oregon Center for Applied Science
- Development and evaluation of a sexual decision-making and social skills program: "the choice is yours--preventing HIV/STDs"J Noell
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Inc, Eugene 97403, USA
Health Educ Behav 24:87-101. 1997..e., avoiding sex). At 30-day follow-up, three of the four measures remained significant...
- Internet training for nurse aides to prevent resident aggressionA Blair Irvine
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:519-26. 2007..Evaluate Internet training to help nurse aides decrease resident aggression...
- Using interactive multimedia to teach parent advocacy skills: an exploratory studyAnn Glang
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
J Head Trauma Rehabil 22:198-205. 2007..To examine the efficacy of Brain Injury Partners: Advocacy Skills for Parents, an interactive multimedia intervention that provides training in educational advocacy skills for parents of children with traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- A randomised control study of a fully automated internet based smoking cessation programmeL H G Swartz
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Tob Control 15:7-12. 2006..The objective of this project was to test the short term (90 days) efficacy of an automated behavioural intervention for smoking cessation, the "1-2-3 Smokefree" programme, delivered via an internet website...
- Worksite-based internet multimedia program for family caregivers of persons with dementiaNatasha Beauchamp
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Eugene, 97403, USA
Gerontologist 45:793-801. 2005..Our goal was to evaluate the efficacy of a multimedia support program delivered over the Internet to employed family caregivers of persons with dementia...
- Using interactive multimedia to teach pedestrian safety: an exploratory studyAnn Glang
Oregon Center for Applied Science, Inc, Eugene, OR 97403, USA
Am J Health Behav 29:435-42. 2005..To evaluate an interactive multimedia (IMM) program that teaches young children safe pedestrian skills...
- The effectiveness of an interactive multimedia program to influence eating habitsA Blair Irvine
Oregon Center for Applied Science Inc, 1839 Garden Avenue, Eugene, OR 97401, USA
Health Educ Res 19:290-305. 2004..These results demonstrate the potential for short-exposure interactive programs to positively impact eating habits of employee populations...
- Interactive technology applications for behavioral counseling: issues and opportunities for health care settingsJ Noell
Oregon Center for Applied Science and Oregon Research Institute, Eugene 97403, USA
Am J Prev Med 17:269-74. 1999..We conclude with recommendations for clinical applications, including recommendations for consumers considering purchase or adoption of IHCs and recommendations for future research...
- The effectiveness of a parenting skills program for parents of middle school students in small communitiesA B Irvine
Center for Community Interventions on Childrearing, Oregon Research Institute, Eugene, USA
J Consult Clin Psychol 67:811-25. 1999..Parents' over-reactivity and laxness toward their children's behavior were reduced and their feelings toward their children improved significantly as a function of treatment. Parent-reported child antisocial behavior was also reduced...
- The effectiveness of a bicycle safety program for improving safety-related knowledge and behavior in young elementary studentsKaren A McLaughlin
Oregon Center for Applied Science, 260 East 11th Avenue, Eugene, Oregon 97401, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 35:343-53. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the "Bike Smart" program, an eHealth software program that teaches bicycle safety behaviors to young children...
- CARE OF THE AGED: A MULTIMEDIA STAFF DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2002..In Phase II, the program's content will be expanded, and it will be evaluated with a randomized trial at multiple residential worksites. PROPOSED COMMERCIAL APPLICATION: Not available ..
- Multimedia Support for Caregivers of the Seriously IllA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed program provides automates support and education for the caregivers via the Internet, including articles, videos, and help thinking through tough decisions. ..
- Training Parents to Advocate for Students with TBIA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2006..g., elementary or secondary), and (d) the information modules. In addition, a web-based bulletin board will provide social support to parents applying the advocacy skills in their own schools. ..
- Staff Training to Manage Aggressive Resident BehaviorsA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2007..Staff will also gain skills to deal with aggression that does occur in ways to maximize safety of both the resident and the caregiver. ..
- Interactive Program to Manage and Prevent Back PainA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed Internet program provides broad access to a 6- week multidisciplinary back pain intervention. ..
- MULTIMEDIA ELDERCARE SUPPORT FOR FAMILY CAREGIVERSA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2004..The award-winning Phase I prototype will be marketed as a CD-ROM and in Internet/Intranet format. The Phase II program also will be produced in these formats. ..
- A Multimedia Program to Promote Exercise by Older AdultsA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2005..Delivered via Internet/Intranet or CD/DVD-ROM, the system may be used from homes or in conjunction with classes in senior centers. The program will be evaluated in a randomized trial. ..
- INTERACTIVE TRAINING FOR PARENTS OF AT-RISK ADOLESCENTSA Irvine; Fiscal Year: 2003..Benefits of the IMM format include: proven effectiveness, low-cost; individualized, self-paced mastery learning, easy scheduling for busy parents, and objective tracking of parents' progress. ..
- Safety Skills Training: Parents of School-Aged ChildrenLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2007..This project will create a behaviorally based program to teach parents what to do to prevent injuries to their school aged child, in an effort to reduce the number of injuries, hospitalizations, medical costs, and missed work days. ..
- Improving Asthma Self-Management for AdultsLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mid-life Women: Preventing Unintended Pregnancy and STIsLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2007..The outcome measures will include: knowledge, beliefs, attitudes, normative expectations, self-efficacy and behavioral intentions regarding prevention of STI's and unintended pregnancy. ..
- Multimedia First Aid Program for FamiliesLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- INTERACTIVE PROGRAM FOR EFFECTIVE PLAYGROUND SUPERVISIONLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..Two separate programs will target four audiences: administrators, playground supervisors, teachers, and parents. The program will be evaluated in a randomized control trial. ..
- Multimedia Asthma Self-Management ProgramLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..Materials would be presented in different formats for children and parents. Additional materials for schools and care providers would also be created. ..
- PHARMACOLOGICAL AIDS FOR INTERACTIVE SMOKING CESSATIONLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2004..The pharmacological intervention materials developed in Phase II will be disseminated in both kiosk and Internet/intranet formats. ..
- Multimedia Program to Promote Positive Bus BehaviorLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Safety Skills Training for Parents of Preschool ChildrenLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..The final product will be in Internet/Intranet, CD-ROM, DVD and VHS formats. ..
- A Parent-Child Program to Prevent Adolescent PregnancyLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..It will be evaluated in a randomized trial at 2 urban community centers. ..
- Parent Training in Child Safety PracticesLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Final product will be in Internet/Intranet, CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM delivery formats. The efficacy of the program will be evaluated in a randomized clinical trial. ..
- Internet Program to Prevent Postpartum Smoking RelapseLynne Swartz; Fiscal Year: 2006..Phase I will provide a feasibility test of this approach by targeting 1 racial/ethnic subprogram and 3 content modules with women attending a Postpartum Care Center in a large managed care hospital. ..