Genomes and Genes
Mark Barton Frank
Affiliation: Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
- Frankincense oil derived from Boswellia carteri induces tumor cell specific cytotoxicityMark Barton Frank
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
BMC Complement Altern Med 9:6. 2009..The goal of this study was to evaluate frankincense oil for its anti-tumor activity and signaling pathways in bladder cancer cells...
- Functional characterization of the MECP2/IRAK1 lupus risk haplotype in human T cells and a human MECP2 transgenic mouseKristi A Koelsch
Arthritis and Clinical Immunology Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
J Autoimmun 41:168-74. 2013....
- The meaning of clinical remission in polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis: gene expression profiling in peripheral blood mononuclear cells identifies distinct disease statesNicholas Knowlton
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:892-900. 2009..A critical step in this process is determining whether there is biologic meaning to clinically derived terms such as "active disease" and "remission." The aim of this study was to use a systems biology approach to address this question...
- Evidence for chronic, peripheral activation of neutrophils in polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritisJames N Jarvis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, 940 Stanton L, Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 8:R154. 2006..Our data are consistent with the hypothesis that neutrophils play an essential role in the pathogenesis of polyarticular JRA...
- Gene expression profiling in neutrophils from children with polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritisJames N Jarvis
Pediatric Rheumatology Research, College of Medicine, Children s Hospital of Oklahoma, University of Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, OK 73013, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1488-95. 2009..The current study was undertaken to determine whether gene expression abnormalities persist in JIA in remission and to use systems biology analysis to elucidate pathologic pathways in polyarticular JIA...
- Disease-associated pathophysiologic structures in pediatric rheumatic diseases show characteristics of scale-free networks seen in physiologic systems: implications for pathogenesis and treatmentMark Barton Frank
Microarray Research Facility, Arthritis and Immunology Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
BMC Med Genomics 2:9. 2009..Thus, the goal of gene expression profiling is not to generate lists of differentially expressed genes, but to identify the physiologic or pathogenic processes and structures represented in the expression profile...
- Protection against hydrogen peroxide-induced cell death in cultured human retinal pigment epithelial cells by 17beta-estradiol: a differential gene expression profileXiaorui Yu
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Science Center, Dean A McGee Eye Institute, 608 Stanton L Young Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Mech Ageing Dev 126:1135-45. 2005....
- Identification of mouse retinal genes differentially regulated by dim and bright cyclic light rearingHu Huang
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 608 Stanton L Young Boulevard, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Exp Eye Res 80:727-39. 2005..Those that directly affect cell processes such as survival, apoptosis, and transcription are likely play a pivotal role in the regulation of retinal neuroprotection against light-induced photoreceptor apoptosis...
- Estrogen receptor signaling promotes dendritic cell differentiation by increasing expression of the transcription factor IRF4Esther Carreras
Arthritis and Immunology Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Blood 115:238-46. 2010..Thus at an early stage in the MP response to GM-CSF, ERalpha signaling induces an elevated amount of IRF4, which leads to a developmental program underlying CD11b(+) DC differentiation...
- Novel approaches to gene expression analysis of active polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritisJames N Jarvis
Department of Pediatrics, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R15-R32. 2004....
- Unique patterns of molecular profiling between human prostate cancer LNCaP and PC-3 cellsMikhail G Dozmorov
Department of Urology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73034, USA
Prostate 69:1077-90. 2009....
- Discriminators of mouse bladder response to intravesical Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG)Marcia R Saban
College of Medicine, Department of Physiology, Oklahoma University Health Sciences Center, Ohlahoma City, OK 73104, USA
BMC Immunol 8:6. 2007..We went further to determine whether BCG treatment alters cytokine gene expression in the urinary bladder...
- Anthrax lethal toxin-induced gene expression changes in mouse lungEric K Dumas
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, 1100 N Lindsay, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Toxins (Basel) 3:1111-30. 2011..These studies provide new directions for the investigation of vascular leakage and pulmonary edema induced by anthrax LeTx...
- Gene expression arrays reveal a rapid return to normal homeostasis in immunologically-challenged trophoblast-like JAR cellsJames N Jarvis
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Rheumatology Research, Basic Sciences Ed Building 235A, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
J Reprod Immunol 61:99-113. 2004..Immunologic/inflammatory challenge at the maternal-fetal interface is compensated by cellular mechanisms that work to reduce inflammation and rapidly restore immunologic balance...
- The canonical Wnt pathway shapes niches supportive of hematopoietic stem/progenitor cellsMichiko Ichii
Immunobiology and Cancer Program, Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Blood 119:1683-92. 2012..Furthermore, hematopoietic stem cell numbers in the BM and spleen were elevated in decorin-knockout mice. These findings define one mechanism through which canonical Wnt signaling could shape niches supportive of hematopoiesis...
- Functional genomics and rheumatoid arthritis: where have we been and where should we go?James N Jarvis
Department of Pediatrics, Pediatric Rheumatology Research, Basic Science Education Building 235A, University of Oklahoma College of Medicine, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73104, USA
Genome Med 2:44. 2010..Ongoing work regarding such functional complexities in the human genome will likely bring both insight and surprise to our understanding of rheumatoid arthritis...
- Variants within MECP2, a key transcription regulator, are associated with increased susceptibility to lupus and differential gene expression in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRyan Webb
Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation, and University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, Oklahoma City, USA
Arthritis Rheum 60:1076-84. 2009....