- Rad52-mediated DNA annealing after Rad51-mediated DNA strand exchange promotes second ssDNA capture
Department of Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701, USA
EMBO J 25:5539-48. 2006
..We also demonstrate that the two activities of Rad52, recruiting Rad51 and annealing DNA, are coordinated in DNA strand exchange and second ssDNA capture...
- Dynamic regulatory interactions of rad51, rad52, and replication protein-a in recombination intermediates
Department of Biological Sciences, Ohio University, Athens, 45701, USA
J Mol Biol 390:45-55. 2009
..This suggests an additional regulatory role for Rad51 following DNA strand invasion, where Rad51-double-stranded DNA may inhibit illegitimate second-end capture to ensure the error-free repair of a DNA double-strand break...
- Rad52 protein associates with replication protein A (RPA)-single-stranded DNA to accelerate Rad51-mediated displacement of RPA and presynaptic complex formation
Section of Microbiology and Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 277:31663-72. 2002
..This acceleration probably involves direct interactions with both Rad51 protein and RPA. Detection of a Rad52-RPA-ssDNA co-complex suggests that this co-complex is an intermediate in the displacement process...
- Escherichia coli RecO protein anneals ssDNA complexed with its cognate ssDNA-binding protein: A common step in genetic recombination
Sections of Microbiology and Molecular and Cellular Biology, Genetics Graduate Group, University of California, Davis 95616, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:15327-32. 2002
..Based on the conservation of these functions, we propose a modified double-strand break repair model that includes DNA annealing as an important intermediate step...
- The recombination-deficient mutant RPA (rfa1-t11) is displaced slowly from single-stranded DNA by Rad51 protein
Sections of Microbiology and of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, California 95616, USA
J Biol Chem 278:23410-7. 2003
..These in vitro results suggest that, in vivo, RPA is bound to ssDNA prior to Rad51 protein and that RPA displacement by Rad51 protein is a critical step in homologous recombination, which is impaired in the rfa1-t11 mutation...
- DNA annealing mediated by Rad52 and Rad59 proteins
Section of Microbiology, Center for Genetics and Development, Division of Biological Sciences, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 281:15441-9. 2006
..These results suggest that Rad59 performs different functions in the recombination process, and should be more accurately viewed as a Rad52 paralogue...
- The DNA binding preference of RAD52 and RAD59 proteins: implications for RAD52 and RAD59 protein function in homologous recombination
Section of Microbiology, Center for Genetics and Development, University of California, Davis, California 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 281:40001-9. 2006
..cerevisiae Rad52 and Rad59 proteins and their eukaryotic counterparts function by binding to single-stranded DNA formed as intermediates of recombination rather than by binding to the unprocessed DNA double-strand break...
- Rad51 protein controls Rad52-mediated DNA annealing
Sections of Microbiology and of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of California, Davis, CA 95616 8665, USA
J Biol Chem 283:14883-92. 2008
..This channeling determines the nature of the subsequent repair process and is consistent with the observed competition between these pathways in vivo...