K J Harjai
Affiliation: Ochsner Clinic Foundation
- Potential new cardiovascular risk factors: left ventricular hypertrophy, homocysteine, lipoprotein(a), triglycerides, oxidative stress, and fibrinogenK J Harjai
Department of Cardiology, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Ann Intern Med 131:376-86. 1999..Evidence is needed that these conditions extend prognostic ability beyond conventional risk factors and that modification of these conditions can reduce the risk for cardiovascular events...
- The prognostic implications of outpatient diuretic dose in heart failureK J Harjai
Department of Cardiology, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA, USA
Int J Cardiol 71:219-25. 1999..1 and 4.6)...
- Simple clinical variables are markers of the propensity for readmission in patients hospitalized with heart failureK J Harjai
Ochsner Medical Institutions, and Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:234-7, A9. 2001..Based on these findings, we propose a simple risk stratification system to classify patients who are hospitalized for heart failure as low, medium, or high risk for early readmission...
- Effect of combined aspirin and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy versus angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor therapy alone on readmission rates in heart failureK J Harjai
Department of Cardiology, Ochsner Medical Institutions, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Cardiol 87:483-7, A7. 2001....
- Does gender bias exist in the medical management of heart failure?K J Harjai
Department of Cardiology, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, LA 70121, USA
Int J Cardiol 75:65-9. 2000..The purpose of this study was to ascertain the presence of gender bias in the medical management of heart failure, and to assess its association with the specialty of the caregiver physician...