Tatiana A Vishnivetskaya
Affiliation: Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Controlling accumulation of fermentation inhibitors in biorefinery recycle water using microbial fuel cellsAbhijeet P Borole
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6226, USA
Biotechnol Biofuels 2:7. 2009..Use of MFCs to remove the inhibitory sugar and lignin degradation products from recycle water is investigated in this study...
- Effect of low temperature and culture media on the growth and freeze-thawing tolerance of Exiguobacterium strainsTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
Department of Food Science, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Cryobiology 54:234-40. 2007..Surprisingly, significant protection to repeated freeze-thawing was also observed when bacteria were grown on agar at either 4 or 24 degrees C...
- The Exiguobacterium genus: biodiversity and biogeographyTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Extremophiles 13:541-55. 2009..With few exceptions (e.g., Greenland ice isolate GIC31), psychrotrophic and thermophilic isolates belonged to different divisions...
- Complete genome sequence of the Thermophilic Bacterium Exiguobacterium sp. AT1bTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
The University of Tennessee, Center for Environmental Biotechnology, 676 Dabney Buehler Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996 1605, USA
J Bacteriol 193:2880-1. 2011..S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) Joint Genome Institute (JGI) (http://genome.ornl.gov/microbial/exig/)...
- Mercury and other heavy metals influence bacterial community structure in contaminated Tennessee streamsTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, TN 37831 6036, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 77:302-11. 2011..This study is the first to indicate an influence of MeHg on the in situ microbial community and suggests possible roles of these bacteria in the Hg/MeHg cycle...
- Draft genome sequences of 10 strains of the genus exiguobacteriumTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
Center for Environmental Biotechnology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
Genome Announc 2:. 2014..The selected genomes include psychrotrophic and thermophilic species from a range of habitats, which will allow for a comparison of metabolic pathways and stress response genes. ..
- Commercial DNA extraction kits impact observed microbial community composition in permafrost samplesTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN, USA
FEMS Microbiol Ecol 87:217-30. 2014..These results indicate that gDNA yields differ between the extraction kits, but reproducible bacterial community structure analysis may be accomplished using gDNAs from the three bead-beating lysis extraction kits...
- Putative transposases conserved in Exiguobacterium isolates from ancient Siberian permafrost and from contemporary surface habitatsTatiana A Vishnivetskaya
NASA Astrobiology Institute, North Carolina State University, Schaub Hall, Room 339, Raleigh, NC 27695, USA
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:6954-62. 2005..which now can be isolated from various modern surface habitats...