- Mental health disorders and the risk of AIDS-defining illness and death in HIV-infected veteransDiana Nurutdinova
St Louis VA Medical Center, Missouri, USA
AIDS 26:229-34. 2012..We examined the impact of mental health diagnoses on progression to AIDS-defining illness (ADI) and death in a large cohort of HIV-infected veterans who accessed care between 2001 and 2006...
- STD/HIV risk among adults in the primary care setting: are we adequately addressing our patients' needs?Diana Nurutdinova
Department of Medicine Infectious Disease, St Louis VA Medical Center, 915 North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Sex Transm Dis 38:30-2. 2011..Risk behavior surveys often target sexually transmitted disease (STD) clinic populations, but few studies address risk behaviors in primary care settings...
- Risk factors associated with Hepatitis C among female substance users enrolled in community-based HIV prevention studiesDiana Nurutdinova
St, Louis VA Medical Center, 915 North Grand Blvd, St, Louis, MO, 63106 USA
BMC Res Notes 4:126. 2011..abstract:..
- Efavirenz outperforms boosted atazanavir among treatment-naive HIV-1-infected persons in routine clinical careToshibumi Taniguchi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
J Int Assoc Provid AIDS Care 12:138-41. 2013..We assessed the virologic outcomes in treatment-naive persons who received either efavirenz (EFV) or atazanavir/ritonavir (ATV/r) with a backbone of tenofovir/emtricitabine (TDF/FTC) as their combination ART (cART)...
- The interplay of sociodemographic factors on virologic suppression among a U.S. outpatient HIV clinic populationEnbal Shacham
Health Communication Research Laboratory, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University, St Louis, Missouri 63112 1408, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 24:229-35. 2010..These findings signify the importance of individualized interventions to enhance virologic suppression, both based on medication choices and individual characteristics...
- Transmitted drug-resistant HIV type 1 remains prevalent and impacts virologic outcomes despite genotype-guided antiretroviral therapyToshibumi Taniguchi
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110 1093, USA
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:259-64. 2012..TDRM remains common among treatment-naive HIV-1-infected patients, affecting one in six patients. Transmission of NNRTI drug resistance was associated with risk of virologic failure despite initiation of genotype-guided cART...
- Rate of kidney function decline associates with mortalityZiyad Al-Aly
Division of Nephrology, Saint Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:1961-9. 2010..Incorporating the rate of decline into the definition of CKD may transform a static definition into a dynamic one that more accurately describes the potential consequences of the disease for an individual...
- Effect of postpartum HIV treatment discontinuation on long-term maternal outcomeNur F Onen
Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri, USA
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 7:245-51. 2008..Long-term maternal outcomes after postpartum antiretroviral therapy (ART) discontinuation are unknown...
- Factors associated with receipt of adequate antidepressant pharmacotherapy by VA patients with recurrent depressionLauren D Garfield
Clinical Research and Epidemiology Workgroup, Research Service 151 JC, Department of Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center St Louis, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:381-8. 2011....
- Incidence of sexually transmitted infections among HIV-infected women using depot medroxyprogesterone acetate contraceptionEdgar Turner Overton
Division of Infectious Diseases, Washington University School of Medicine, Campus Box 8051, St Louis, MO 63110 1093, USA
Contraception 78:125-30. 2008..The primary aim of this study was to characterize the potential association between DMPA use and risk of STI acquisition among HIV-infected women...
- Adverse effects of tenofovir use in HIV-infected pregnant women and their infantsDiana Nurutdinova
St Louis Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 915 North Grand Blvd, St Louis, MO 63106, USA
Ann Pharmacother 42:1581-5. 2008..Data regarding use of tenofovir disoproxil fumarate in HIV-infected pregnant women are limited...