Anjali U Pandit
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Education, literacy, and health: Mediating effects on hypertension knowledge and controlAnjali U Pandit
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Center for Communication in Healthcare, Division of General Internal Medicine, and Institute for Healthcare Studies, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Patient Educ Couns 75:381-5. 2009..To determine whether literacy mediates the association between education, hypertension knowledge and control...
- Disease-related distress, self-care and clinical outcomes among low-income patients with diabetesAnjali U Pandit
Department of General Internal Medicine, Health Literacy and Learning Program, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 68:557-64. 2014..The purpose of this study is to determine the prevalence of diabetes distress and its relationship with health behaviours and clinical outcomes in low-income patients...
- Predictors of misunderstanding pediatric liquid medication instructionsStacy Cooper Bailey
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Center for Communication in Healthcare, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Fam Med 41:715-21. 2009..Our objective was to determine the level of adult understanding of dosage instructions for a liquid medication commonly prescribed for children...
- Clinic-based versus outsourced implementation of a diabetes health literacy interventionMichael S Wolf
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Division of General Internal Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, 750 N Lake Shore Drive, 10th Floor, Chicago, IL, 60611, USA
J Gen Intern Med 29:59-67. 2014..We compared two implementation approaches for a health literacy diabetes intervention designed for community health centers...
- Ask, understand, remember: a brief measure of patient communication self-efficacy within clinical encountersMarla L Clayman
Division of General Internal Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine at Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
J Health Commun 15:72-9. 2010..It may also be useful in identifying and assisting patients who are at risk for errors or non-adherence with self-care behaviors...
- Factors associated with patient understanding of preeclampsiaWhitney B You
Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60647, USA
Hypertens Pregnancy 31:341-9. 2012..To explore the extent to which pregnant women understand the symptoms and potential complications related to preeclampsia and to determine the factors that are associated with better understanding...
- Availability of Spanish prescription labels: a multi-state pharmacy surveyStacy Cooper Bailey
Health Literacy and Learning Program, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Med Care 47:707-10. 2009..Patient misunderstanding of prescription drug label instructions is a leading cause of medication errors. Among Latino patients, limited English proficiency is a major barrier to comprehension of medication instructions...