Affiliation: Northwestern University
- A randomized trial of brimonidine versus timolol in preserving visual function: results from the Low-Pressure Glaucoma Treatment StudyTheodore Krupin
Department of Ophthalmology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University and the Chicago Center for Vision Research, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 151:671-81. 2011..To compare the alpha2-adrenergic agonist brimonidine tartrate 0.2% to the beta-adrenergic antagonist timolol maleate 0.5% in preserving visual function in low-pressure glaucoma...
- Special considerations in low-tension glaucomaTheodore Krupin
Department of Ophthalmology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Can J Ophthalmol 42:414-7. 2007..Baseline results of the Low-Pressure Glaucoma Treatment Study (LoGTS) are reviewed...
- The Low-pressure Glaucoma Treatment Study (LoGTS) study design and baseline characteristics of enrolled patientsTheodore Krupin
Department of Ophthalmology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Ophthalmology 112:376-85. 2005..2% versus twice daily timolol maleate 0.5%. This article describes the LoGTS design and presents baseline characteristics of the subjects...
- (-)-Isoproterenol modulation of maxi-K(+) channel in nonpigmented ciliary epithelial cells through a G-protein gated pathwayBula J Bhattacharyya
Department of Ophthalmology, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Curr Eye Res 24:173-81. 2002....
- A panel assessment of glaucoma management: modification of existing RAND-like methodology for consensus in ophthalmology. Part II: Results and interpretationKuldev Singh
Glaucoma Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 145:575-581. 2008..To present the results of a panel consensus assessment of evaluation and therapy relating to primary open-angle glaucoma based on available evidence and expert opinion...
- Blood pressure, perfusion pressure, and glaucomaJoseph Caprioli
Jules Stein Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, California 90095, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 149:704-12. 2010..To provide a critical review of the relationships between blood pressure, ocular blood flow, and glaucoma and the potential for glaucoma treatment through modulation of ocular perfusion...
- Control of filtering bleb structure through tissue bioengineering: An animal modelHenry Shen Lih Chen
Glaucoma Service, Department of Ophthalmology, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:5310-4. 2006..To devise a means of providing controlled resistance between the anterior chamber and the subconjunctival space after trabeculectomy by implantation of a biodegradable, porous collagen matrix...
- Visual field and intraocular pressure asymmetry in the low-pressure glaucoma treatment studyDavid S Greenfield
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida 33418, USA
Ophthalmology 114:460-5. 2007..To explore the relationship between asymmetric baseline intraocular pressure (IOP) and asymmetric visual field (VF) loss in the Low-Pressure Glaucoma Treatment Study...
- Adult-onset primary open-angle glaucoma caused by mutations in optineurinTayebeh Rezaie
Molecular Ophthalmic Genetics Laboratory, Surgical Research Center, Department of Surgery, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT 06030, USA
Science 295:1077-9. 2002..Optineurin is expressed in trabecular meshwork, nonpigmented ciliary epithelium, retina, and brain, and we speculate that it plays a neuroprotective role...
- A panel assessment of glaucoma management: modification of existing RAND-like methodology for consensus in ophthalmology. Part I: Methodology and designM Roy Wilson
University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 145:570-574. 2008..To examine ways to improve existing methodology to reach appropriate consensus in the treatment of primary open-angle glaucoma...
- Tissue bioengineering for surgical bleb defects: an animal studyWei Cherng Hsu
Department of Ophthalmology, Buddhist Tzu Chi General Hospital Taipei Branch, Taipei, Taiwan, Republic of China
Graefes Arch Clin Exp Ophthalmol 246:709-17. 2008....