Claudia A Hawkins
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Shigella sonnei bacteremia: two adult cases and review of the literatureClaudia Hawkins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Scand J Infect Dis 39:170-3. 2007..Diabetes mellitus and malignancy are frequent predisposing conditions. Despite severe illness at presentation, our patients achieved good outcomes with prompt initiation of antimicrobial therapy...
- Prevalence of hepatitis B co-infection and response to antiretroviral therapy among HIV-infected patients in TanzaniaClaudia Hawkins
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA
AIDS 27:919-27. 2013..To evaluate the prevalence of HIV/hepatitis B virus (HBV) co-infection and relationship between HIV/HBV and health outcomes in a cohort of HIV-infected adults receiving antiretroviral treatment (ART) in urban Tanzania...
- Catheter-related bloodstream infections caused by rapidly growing nontuberculous mycobacteria: a case series including rare speciesClaudia Hawkins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 61:187-91. 2008..Recent trends at our center suggest that infections with these pathogens are rising...
- Antiretroviral durability and tolerability in HIV-infected adults living in urban KenyaClaudia Hawkins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA, and Department of Medicine, Saint Mary s Mission Hospital, Nairobi, Kenya
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:304-10. 2007..Insufficient data exist on the durability and tolerability of first-line antiretroviral therapy (ART) regimens provided by HIV treatment programs implemented in developing countries...
- Persistent Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia: an analysis of risk factors and outcomesClaudia Hawkins
Department of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 676 N St Clair, Ste 200, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1861-7. 2007..We studied key clinical characteristics and outcomes associated with pSAB to better define the epidemiological features of this increasingly recognized clinical entity...
- Sex differences in antiretroviral treatment outcomes among HIV-infected adults in an urban Tanzanian settingClaudia Hawkins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
AIDS 25:1189-97. 2011..To determine the relationship between sex and antiretroviral therapy (ART) outcomes in an urban Tanzanian setting...
- Clinical and genotypic findings in HIV-infected patients with the K65R mutation failing first-line antiretroviral therapy in NigeriaClaudia A Hawkins
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 52:228-34. 2009..Patterns and frequency of antiretroviral drug resistance mutations observed in these countries may differ from those in the developed world, where HIV-1 subtype B predominates...
- Management of antiretroviral failure and resistance in developing countriesClaudia Hawkins
Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Curr Opin HIV AIDS 4:538-44. 2009..This review focuses on the identification and management of these complex patients in settings with limited antiretroviral drug options and resources...
- Nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor resistance mutations associated with first-line stavudine-containing antiretroviral therapy: programmatic implications for countries phasing out stavudineMichele W Tang
Division Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Stanford University, California 94305, USA
J Infect Dis 207:S70-7. 2013..However, because resistance testing is rarely available in resource-limited settings, it is critical to identify the cross-resistance patterns associated with first-line stavudine failure...
- A series of skin and soft tissue infections due to methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in HIV-infected patientsEvan J Anderson
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 41:125-7. 2006
- Adherence to antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settings: everything mattersClaudia Hawkins
AIDS 21:1041-2. 2007