Andrew D Bunta
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- It is time for everyone to own the boneAndrew D Bunta
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Osteoporos Int 22:477-82. 2011..Thus, Own the Bone is a systems-based, quality improvement initiative which provides many benefits for patients with fragility fractures and their treating physicians...
- An osteoporosis and fracture intervention program increases the diagnosis and treatment for osteoporosis for patients with minimal trauma fracturesBeatrice J Edwards
Bone Health and Osteoporosis Program, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 31:267-74. 2005..As fewer than 25% of patients with an osteoporotic minimal trauma fracture (MTF) are evaluated and treated for osteoporosis, an osteoporosis and fracture intervention program (OFIP) was developed...
- Cancer therapy associated bone loss: implications for hip fractures in mid-life women with breast cancerBeatrice J Edwards
Bone Health and Osteoporosis Center, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Clin Cancer Res 17:560-8. 2011..Aromatase inhibitors (AIs) have been recently associated with hip fractures. We present a case series of breast cancer survivors and a systematic review of bone health care in breast cancer...
- Addressing secondary prevention of osteoporosis in fracture care: follow-up to "own the bone"Beatrice J Edwards
Bone Health and Osteoporosis Center, Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, 645 North Michigan Avenue, Suite 630, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Bone Joint Surg Am 93:e87. 2011....
- Prior fractures are common in patients with subsequent hip fracturesBeatrice J Edwards
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 461:226-30. 2007..Presuming a 50% reduction in fracture risk with medications, treating the 282 patients with prior minimal trauma fracture would have resulted in a savings of $3.5 million...