Kelly Glazer Baron
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Interest and use of mental health and specialty behavioral medicine counseling in US primary care patientsKelly G Baron
Department of Neurologyy, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Int J Behav Med 20:69-76. 2013..Counseling interventions have the potential to improve health and quality of life for primary care patients, but there are few studies describing the interest in and utilization of counseling among this patient population in the USA...
- Contribution of evening macronutrient intake to total caloric intake and body mass indexKelly Glazer Baron
Academy of Cognitive Therapy, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Appetite 60:246-51. 2013..Eating in the evening or before sleep may predispose individuals to weight gain through higher total calories...
- Role of sleep timing in caloric intake and BMIKelly G Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Obesity (Silver Spring) 19:1374-81. 2011..Future studies should investigate the biological and social mechanisms linking timing of sleep and feeding in order to develop novel time-based interventions for weight management...
- Self-efficacy contributes to individual differences in subjective improvements using CPAPKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Breath 15:599-606. 2011..However, there is variability in response to CPAP. This study examined individual differences in the daily associations between CPAP use and improvements in affect and sleepiness patients beginning CPAP...
- Impact of psychotherapy on insomnia symptoms in patients with depression and multiple sclerosisKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, 710 N Lake Shore Dr, 5th Floor, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
J Behav Med 34:92-101. 2011....
- Spousal involvement in CPAP adherence among patients with obstructive sleep apneaKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA
Sleep Breath 15:525-34. 2011..To determine the effects of spousal involvement on continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) adherence and response to CPAP problems in male patients with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)...
- Relationship quality and CPAP adherence in patients with obstructive sleep apneaKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Psychology, University of Utah
Behav Sleep Med 7:22-36. 2009..001), and functional impairment (d = 1.48, p < .001). These findings highlight the importance of evaluating marital conflict for OSA patients and suggest marital conflict may be a target for interventions to improve CPAP adherence...
- Race and ethnic variation in excessive daytime sleepiness: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosisKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Behav Sleep Med 8:231-45. 2010..Furthermore, attenuation of differences in ESS < 12 suggests this measure has a stronger association with current health...
- Aerobic exercise improves self-reported sleep and quality of life in older adults with insomniaKathryn J Reid
Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Suite 500, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Sleep Med 11:934-40. 2010..To assess the efficacy of moderate aerobic physical activity with sleep hygiene education to improve sleep, mood and quality of life in older adults with chronic insomnia...
- Exercise to improve sleep in insomnia: exploration of the bidirectional effectsKelly Glazer Baron
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
J Clin Sleep Med 9:819-24. 2013..Exercise improves sleep quality, mood, and quality of life among older adults with insomnia. The purpose of the study was to evaluate the daily bidirectional relationships between exercise and sleep in a sample of women with insomnia...
- Sleep Variability Among Older Adults With Insomnia: Associations With Sleep Quality and Cardiometabolic Disease RiskKelly Glazer Baron
a Department of Neurology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Behav Sleep Med . 2016..05). Sleep efficiency and WASO variability decreased with intervention (p < 0.05). These results indicate that objective sleep variability may be an important feature for the assessment of insomnia outcomes...
- Circadian misalignment and healthKelly Glazer Baron
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois USA
Int Rev Psychiatry 26:139-54. 2014..This review will describe the role of circadian misalignment as a risk factor for disease in the general population and in clinical populations, including circadian rhythm sleep disorders and psychiatric disorders...
- Hostility, anger, and marital adjustment: concurrent and prospective associations with psychosocial vulnerabilityKelly Glazer Baron
Department of Psychology, University of Utah, 390 South 1530 East rm 502, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Behav Med 30:1-10. 2007..These results support the role of hostility and anger in the development of psychosocial vulnerability, but also suggest an asymmetry in the effects of wives' and husbands' trait anger and hostility on marital adjustment...