Chad J Achenbach
Affiliation: Northwestern University
- Effect of therapeutic intensification followed by HIV DNA prime and rAd5 boost vaccination on HIV-specific immunity and HIV reservoir (EraMune 02): a multicentre randomised clinical trialChad J Achenbach
Center for Global Health and Division of Infectious Diseases, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL, USA Electronic address
Lancet HIV 2:e82-91. 2015..As an initial step, in this trial we assessed the effect of antiretroviral therapy intensification and immune modulation with a DNA prime and recombinant adenovirus 5 (rAd5) boost vaccine...
- Paradoxical immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome in HIV-infected patients treated with combination antiretroviral therapy after AIDS-defining opportunistic infectionChad J Achenbach
Department of Medicine, Feinberg School of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases and Center for Global Health, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:424-33. 2012..The incidence of immune reconstitution inflammatory syndrome (IRIS) when antiretroviral therapy (ART) is initiated after an AIDS-defining opportunistic infection (OI) is uncertain and understudied for the most common OIs...
- Abacavir/lamivudine fixed-dose combination antiretroviral therapy for the treatment of HIVChad J Achenbach
Feinberg School of Medicine and Center for Global Health, Northwestern University, Chicago, USA
Adv Ther 27:1-16. 2010..We reviewed abacavir/lamivudine as a treatment for HIV and discussed limitations of its use due to these controversial issues...
- Mortality after cancer diagnosis in HIV-infected individuals treated with antiretroviral therapyChad J Achenbach
Division of Infectious Diseases, Center for Global Health, Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA
AIDS 25:691-700. 2011..To evaluate survival and predictors of mortality after cancer diagnosis among HIV-infected persons receiving combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)...
- HIV viremia and incidence of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in patients successfully treated with antiretroviral therapyChad J Achenbach
Department of Medicine, Center for Global Health, and the Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois
Clin Infect Dis 58:1599-606. 2014..The incidence of non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) in human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-infected patients remains high despite treatment with antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Relationship of immunologic response to antiretroviral therapy with non-AIDS defining cancer incidenceElizabeth L Yanik
aUniversity of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina bNorthwestern University, Chicago, Illinois cUniversity of Washington, Seattle, Washington dUniversity of Alabama, Birmingham, Alabama eJohns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland fUniversity of California, San Diego gUniversity of California, San Francisco, California, USA
AIDS 28:979-87. 2014..To estimate the association between immunologic response to antiretroviral therapy (ART) and non-AIDS defining cancer (NADC) incidence in HIV-infected patients...
- Treatment intensification followed by interleukin-7 reactivates HIV without reducing total HIV DNA: a randomized trialChristine Katlama
aAP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Maladies Infectieuses et Tropicales, Paris bSorbonne Universités, UPMC Univ Paris 06 cINSERM, UMR_S 1136, Institut Pierre Louis d Epidémiologie et de Santé Publique, Paris dAP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service de Virologie, Paris eORVACS, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Paris fINSERM, UMR_S 1135, CIMI, Paris, France gSan Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy hIrsi Caixa, Foundation UAB, UVIC UCC Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona, Catalonia, Spain iRoyal Free and University College London Medical School, London, UK jCenter for Global Health and Department of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, USA kAP HP, Hopital Pitie Salpetriere, Service d Immunologie, Paris, France
AIDS 30:221-30. 2016..As a first step towards HIV cure, we assessed a strategy of antiretroviral therapy (ART) intensification followed by interleukin-7 (IL-7) used as an HIV-reactivating agent...
- HIV-1 specific antibody titers and neutralization among chronically infected patients on long-term suppressive antiretroviral therapy (ART): a cross-sectional studyJohannes S Gach
Division of Gastroenterology, Northwestern University, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America Division of Infectious Diseases, University of California Irvine, Irvine, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e85371. 2014..These patients, particularly those with slower HIV progression and more time with detectable viremia prior to initiation of suppressive ART, are a promising population to identify and further study functional antibodies against HIV-1...