Affiliation: Northern California Cancer Center
- A preliminary survey of Vietnamese nail salon workers in Alameda County, CaliforniaThu Quach
Northern California Cancer Center, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
J Community Health 33:336-43. 2008..Moreover, the predominance of Vietnamese immigrant women in this workforce makes it an important target group for further research and health interventions...
- Reducing chemical exposures in nail salons through owner and worker trainings: an exploratory intervention studyThu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
Am J Ind Med 56:806-17. 2013..Nail salons represent a rapidly growing industry with mainly Vietnamese immigrant workers. Workers routinely handle nail products containing hazardous compounds, yet have limited accessible information to minimize workplace exposures...
- Birth size and breast cancer risk among young California-born womenSusan Hurley
Department of Research, Cancer Prevention Institute of California, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1461-70. 2011..Evaluate the risk of breast cancer associated with birth size among young California-born women...
- Characterizing workplace exposures in Vietnamese women working in California nail salonsThu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Am J Public Health 101:S271-6. 2011..We engaged Vietnamese nail salon workers in a community-based participatory research (CBPR) study to measure personal and area concentrations of solvents in their workplace...
- Cancer incidence in female cosmetologists and manicurists in California, 1988-2005Thu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:691-9. 2010..Additionally, the relatively young ages of cohort members and demographic shifts in the industry composition in recent years suggest a need for further follow-up...
- Adverse birth outcomes and maternal complications in licensed cosmetologists and manicurists in CaliforniaThu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA, 94704, USA
Int Arch Occup Environ Health 88:823-33. 2015....
- An excess of breast cancer among young California-born Asian womenPeggy Reynolds
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, USA
Ethn Dis 21:196-201. 2011..To compare breast cancer risk among young Asian and Pacific Islander (API) women to White women, all of whom were born in California during the 1960s...
- Hidden breast cancer disparities in Asian women: disaggregating incidence rates by ethnicity and migrant statusScarlett Lin Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, 2201 Walnut Avenue, Suite 300, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Am J Public Health 100:S125-31. 2010..We estimated trends in breast cancer incidence rates for specific Asian populations in California to determine if disparities exist by immigrant status and age...