Affiliation: Northern California Cancer Center
- A preliminary survey of Vietnamese nail salon workers in Alameda County, CaliforniaThu Quach
Northern California Cancer Center, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
J Community Health 33:336-43. 2008..Moreover, the predominance of Vietnamese immigrant women in this workforce makes it an important target group for further research and health interventions...
- Reducing chemical exposures in nail salons through owner and worker trainings: an exploratory intervention studyThu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California 94704, USA
Am J Ind Med 56:806-17. 2013..Nail salons represent a rapidly growing industry with mainly Vietnamese immigrant workers. Workers routinely handle nail products containing hazardous compounds, yet have limited accessible information to minimize workplace exposures...
- Birth size and breast cancer risk among young California-born womenSusan Hurley
Department of Research, Cancer Prevention Institute of California, 2001 Center Street, Suite 700, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Cancer Causes Control 22:1461-70. 2011..Evaluate the risk of breast cancer associated with birth size among young California-born women...
- Characterizing workplace exposures in Vietnamese women working in California nail salonsThu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, CA 94704, USA
Am J Public Health 101:S271-6. 2011..We engaged Vietnamese nail salon workers in a community-based participatory research (CBPR) study to measure personal and area concentrations of solvents in their workplace...
- Cancer incidence in female cosmetologists and manicurists in California, 1988-2005Thu Quach
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, California, USA
Am J Epidemiol 172:691-9. 2010..Additionally, the relatively young ages of cohort members and demographic shifts in the industry composition in recent years suggest a need for further follow-up...
- An excess of breast cancer among young California-born Asian womenPeggy Reynolds
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Berkeley, USA
Ethn Dis 21:196-201. 2011..To compare breast cancer risk among young Asian and Pacific Islander (API) women to White women, all of whom were born in California during the 1960s...
- Hidden breast cancer disparities in Asian women: disaggregating incidence rates by ethnicity and migrant statusScarlett Lin Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, 2201 Walnut Avenue, Suite 300, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Am J Public Health 100:S125-31. 2010..We estimated trends in breast cancer incidence rates for specific Asian populations in California to determine if disparities exist by immigrant status and age...