Wendy B Bostwick
Affiliation: Northern Illinois University
- Age and racial/ethnic differences in drinking and drinking-related problems in a community sample of lesbiansTonda L Hughes
University of Illinois at Chicago UIC, College of Nursing, M C 802, 845 South Damen Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Stud Alcohol 67:579-90. 2006..Using data from the Chicago Health and Life Experiences of Women Study (CHLEW), we examined drinking patterns and problems in a large and diverse sample of lesbians...
- Dimensions of sexual orientation and the prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders in the United StatesWendy B Bostwick
Adler School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Public Health 100:468-75. 2010..We used data from a nationally representative sample to examine the associations among 3 dimensions of sexual orientation (identity, attraction, and behavior), lifetime and past-year mood and anxiety disorders, and sex...
- Minding the noise: conducting health research among bisexual populations and beyondWendy Bostwick
College of Health and Human Sciences, Northern Illinois University, De Kalb, Illinois 60115, USA
J Homosex 60:655-61. 2013..We hope that the insights we offer will prompt greater attention to bisexual groups and their specific concerns, not only among health researchers, but among those from other fields and disciplines as well...
- The co-occurrence of depression and alcohol dependence symptoms in a community sample of lesbiansWendy B Bostwick
University of Illinois at Chicago, IL, USA
J Lesbian Stud 9:7-18. 2005..Younger women and those not currently in a committed relationship more commonly reported past year depression. Younger age was the strongest predictor of the co-occurrence of depression and alcohol dependence symptoms...
- Mental health and suicidality among racially/ethnically diverse sexual minority youthsWendy B Bostwick
Wendy B Bostwick, is with the Public Health and Health Education Programs, School of Nursing and Health Studies, Northern Illinois University, De Kalb Ilan Meyer is with the Williams Institute, UCLA School of Law, University of California, Los Angeles Frances Aranda and Tonda Hughes are with the College of Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago Stephen Russell is with the Division of Family Studies and Human Development and the Frances McClelland Institute for Children, Youth, and Families, University of Arizona, Tucson Michelle Birkett and Brian Mustanski are with the Department of Medical Social Sciences, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
Am J Public Health 104:1129-36. 2014..We examined the relationships among sexual minority status, sex, and mental health and suicidality, in a racially/ethnically diverse sample of adolescents...
- Drinking patterns, problems, and motivations among collegiate bisexual womenWendy B Bostwick
Adler School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL 60601, USA
J Am Coll Health 56:285-92. 2007..The authors compared the drinking behaviors, motivations, and problems of collegiate bisexual women with those of heterosexual women (N = 2,788; n = 86 bisexual women)...