Eliot N Mostow
Affiliation: Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
- A review of bioactive materials and chronic woundsAlisha N Plotner
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine, Rootstown, USA
Cutis 85:259-66. 2010....
- The "ABCs" of dermatology: using art, bird-watching, and computers to enhance the teaching and learning of dermatologyEliot N Mostow
Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, Dermatology Section, Rootstown, OH, USA
Clin Dermatol 26:97-9. 2008
- Wound healing: a multidisciplinary approach for dermatologistsEliot N Mostow
Department of Dermatology, Northeast Ohio University College, School of Medicine, 4209 St Rt 44, Rootstown, OH 44272, USA
Dermatol Clin 21:371-87. 2003..The multidisciplinary wound clinic concept can work to improve the outcomes of patients with leg ulcers...
- Improving quality and patient satisfaction in dermatology office practiceGeorgann Anetakis Poulos
Arch Dermatol 144:263-5. 2008
- Effectiveness of an extracellular matrix graft (OASIS Wound Matrix) in the treatment of chronic leg ulcers: a randomized clinical trialEliot N Mostow
Akron General Medical Center, Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine, USA
J Vasc Surg 41:837-43. 2005..Our objective was to compare the effectiveness of SIS wound matrix with compression vs compression alone in healing chronic leg ulcers within 12 weeks...
- Wound dressing absorption: a comparative studyJudith A Fulton
Wound Care Service Line, Akron General Medical Center, Ohio, USA
Adv Skin Wound Care 25:315-20. 2012..A simple, inexpensive method of evaluation was utilized so that new dressings could easily be tested and added to the data set...
- Idiopathic livedo racemosa presenting with splenomegaly and diffuse lymphadenopathyLaura Bukavina
Urology Institute, School of Medicine, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Cutis 98:E26-E29. 2016..Familiarity with the highly variable early course of SS can aid in diagnosis and reduction of morbidity and mortality that is associated with this disease...
- Elder abuse: dermatologic clues and critical solutionsMatthew Palmer
Northeast Ohio Medical University, Rootstown, Ohio 44307, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 68:e37-42. 2013..Dermatologists have a unique role in the detection and reporting of elder abuse. An analysis of risk factors, clinical signs, reporting requirements, and prevention of elder abuse brings this issue into focus...
- Dermatology elective curriculum: Birdwatching list and travel guideDeepa D Patadia
Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine and Pharmacy, Rootstown, Ohio, USA
Dermatol Online J 17:1. 2011....
- Practicing evidence-based dermatology: a short guideDavid A Barzilai
Department of Dermatology, Brown University, 593 Eddy Street, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Skinmed 6:122-7. 2007..Incorporating EBM to bring the best current evidence into our field can be mastered with practice and a commitment to apply the process daily...
- Implementation of dermato-epidemiology curriculum at Case Western Reserve University dermatology programDavid A Barzilai
Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve University University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Dermatol Online J 10:1. 2004..A successful epidemiology curriculum should be clinically and board-examination relevant, incorporating aspects of problem-based, interactive learning...
- DermatoepidemiologyDavid A Barzilai
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:559-73; quiz 574-8. 2005..This article reviews clinical and analytic epidemiology pertinent to reading, interpreting, and critically examining the literature, and presents an overview of evidence-based dermatology as a starting point for further study...
- Patient-reported outcomes and health-care resource utilization in patients with psoriasis treated with etanercept: continuous versus interrupted treatmentJoel M Gelfand
Department of Dermatology and Center for Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Value Health 11:400-7. 2008..The objective of this analysis was to assess patient-reported outcomes (PROs) and health-care resource utilization (HRU) data from the EASE study...