Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Lupus brain fog: a biologic perspective on cognitive impairment, depression, and fatigue in systemic lupus erythematosusMeggan Mackay
Center for Autoimmune and Musculoskeletal Diseases, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY, 11030, USA
Immunol Res 63:26-37. 2015..This review will focus on the biology of cognition and neuroinflammation in normal circumstances and potential biologic mechanisms for cognitive impairment, depression and fatigue attributable to SLE. ..
- Differences in regional brain activation patterns assessed by functional magnetic resonance imaging in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus stratified by disease durationMeggan Mackay
Center for Autoimmune and Musculoskeletal Disease, The Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, United States of America
Mol Med 17:1349-56. 2011..Our hypothesis is further supported by the lack of correlation between regional brain abnormalities on fMRI and the Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics (SLICC) damage index...
- Urinary TWEAK as a biomarker of lupus nephritis: a multicenter cohort studyNoa Schwartz
Division of Rheumatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R143. 2009..Evidence for the importance of TWEAK in the pathogenesis of lupus nephritis (LN) has been recently introduced. Thus, TWEAK levels may serve as an indication of LN presence and activity...
- Effect of long-term belimumab treatment on B cells in systemic lupus erythematosus: extension of a phase II, double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging studyAnnett M Jacobi
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Arthritis Rheum 62:201-10. 2010..To understand the effects of long-term BLyS inhibition in human systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Phenotypic characterization of autoreactive B cells--checkpoints of B cell tolerance in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusAnnett M Jacobi
The Center for Autoimmune and Musculoskeletal Diseases, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e5776. 2009..This methodology enables us to gain insight into the development and fate of DNA-reactive B cells in individual patients with SLE and paves the way ultimately to permit better and more customized therapies...
- The impact of vitamin D on dendritic cell function in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusIlan Ben-Zvi
Division of Autoimmune and Musculoskeletal Disease, Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9193. 2010..Our goals were to investigate the relationship between vitamin D levels and disease activity in SLE patients and to investigate the effects of vitamin D on DC activation and expression of IFNalpha-regulated genes in vitro...
- Identification of DNA-reactive B cells in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusJie Zhang
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Immunol Methods 338:79-84. 2008..This methodology enables us to track the development of autoreactive B cells, which recognize peptide and dsDNA, in individual patients with SLE and permits the isolation of autoreactive B cells for further characterization...
- Checkpoints for Autoreactive B Cells in the Peripheral Blood of Lupus Patients Assessed by Flow CytometrySusan Malkiel
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Northwell Health, Manhasset, New York
Arthritis Rheumatol 68:2210-20. 2016..The aim of this study was to generate an assay to easily identify these B cells and to examine its utility in a study of autoreactive B cells in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- The effect of moderate-dose corticosteroids in preventing severe flares in patients with serologically active, but clinically stable, systemic lupus erythematosus: findings of a prospective, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialChung E Tseng
New York University School of Medicine, Hospital for Joint Diseases, New York, New York 10003, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:3623-32. 2006..We hypothesized that concomitant elevation of anti-dsDNA and C3a can predict SLE activity in patients with stable or inactive disease and that short-term treatment with corticosteroids can avert flares...
- Glutamate receptor biology and its clinical significance in neuropsychiatric systemic lupus erythematosusCynthia Aranow
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 36:187-201, x-xi. 2010..These studies suggest that an anatomic classification scheme for neuropsychiatric SLE may facilitate research on etiopathogenesis and the design of clinical trials...
- Selective dysregulation of the FcgammaIIB receptor on memory B cells in SLEMeggan Mackay
Department of Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY 10032, USA
J Exp Med 203:2157-64. 2006....
- Cognitive and emotional abnormalities in systemic lupus erythematosus: evidence for amygdala dysfunctionPhilip Watson
The Graduate Center and Queens College, City University of New York, Flushing, NY, USA
Neuropsychol Rev 22:252-70. 2012....