R A Furie
Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Dehydroepiandrosterone and biologics in the treatment of systemic lupus erythematosusR Furie
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Rheumatology and Allergy Clinical Immunology, North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Curr Rheumatol Rep 2:44-50. 2000..This article specifically addresses the current status of drug development in the area of hormonal and biologic therapies for SLE...
- Novel evidence-based systemic lupus erythematosus responder indexRichard A Furie
North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Lake Success, New York, USA
Arthritis Rheum 61:1143-51. 2009..To describe a new systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) responder index (SRI) based on a belimumab phase II SLE trial and demonstrate its potential utility in SLE clinical trials...
- Biologic activity and safety of belimumab, a neutralizing anti-B-lymphocyte stimulator (BLyS) monoclonal antibody: a phase I trial in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRichard Furie
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy Clinical Immunology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Marcus Avenue, Lake Success, New York 11042, USA
Arthritis Res Ther 10:R109. 2008....
- Abetimus sodium (riquent) for the prevention of nephritic flares in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRichard Furie
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Rheum Dis Clin North Am 32:149-56, x. 2006..The fate of this agent lies in the ability of the company to successfully complete a phase III study...
- Treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus with LJP 394R A Furie
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy Clinical Immunology North Shore University Hospital NYU School of Medicine, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
J Rheumatol 28:257-65. 2001..We also evaluated the safety and tolerability of repeated doses of LJP 394 as well as the effects of therapy on SLE related disease activity and health related quality of life...
- A phase III, randomized, placebo-controlled study of belimumab, a monoclonal antibody that inhibits B lymphocyte stimulator, in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusRichard Furie
Division of Rheumatology and Allergy Clinical Immunology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Lake Success, New York 11042, USA
Arthritis Rheum 63:3918-30. 2011..To assess the efficacy/safety of the B lymphocyte stimulator inhibitor belimumab plus standard therapy compared with placebo plus standard therapy in active systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Analysis of single nucleotide polymorphisms in the promoter region of interleukin-10 by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatographyDorothy Guzowski
North Shore LIJ Research Institute, 350 Community Drive, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
J Biomol Tech 16:154-66. 2005..Once distinct chromatograms were established for each of the SNPs and the nucleotide changes confirmed by sequencing, genotype and haplotype frequencies were tabulated for the groups studied...
- A short course of BG9588 (anti-CD40 ligand antibody) improves serologic activity and decreases hematuria in patients with proliferative lupus glomerulonephritisDimitrios T Boumpas
National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Arthritis Rheum 48:719-27. 2003..The primary outcome measure was 50% reduction in proteinuria without worsening of renal function...
- Genome-wide association scan identifies candidate polymorphisms associated with differential response to anti-TNF treatment in rheumatoid arthritisChunyu Liu
Biogen Idec Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Med 14:575-81. 2008..Replications of these results in independent and larger data sets clearly are required. We provide a reference list of candidate SNPs (P < 0.01) that can be investigated in future pharmacogenomic studies...
- The effect of anti-CD40 ligand antibody on B cells in human systemic lupus erythematosusWeiqing Huang
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Arthritis Rheum 46:1554-62. 2002..To determine the immunologic effects of anti-CD40 ligand (anti-CD40L) therapy in 5 patients with systemic lupus erythematosus nephritis who participated in an open-label study of a humanized anti-CD40L monoclonal antibody...