David C Dorman
Affiliation: North Carolina State University
- Extrapyramidal system neurotoxicity: animal modelsDavid Dorman
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA Electronic address
Handb Clin Neurol 131:207-23. 2015..The central focus of the chapter is on animal models, especially the concordance between clinical signs, neurochemical changes, and neuropathology between animals and people. ..
- Subject matter expert and public evaluations of a veterinary toxicology course brochure-writing assignmentDavid C Dorman
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, NC, USA
J Vet Med Educ 40:19-28. 2013....
- Biological responses in rats exposed to cigarette smoke and Middle East sand (dust)David C Dorman
College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
Inhal Toxicol 24:109-24. 2012..Our studies show that the respiratory toxicity of IS is qualitatively similar to or less than that seen following short-term silica exposure...
- Metabolomic analyses of body fluids after subchronic manganese inhalation in rhesus monkeysDavid C Dorman
College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina 27606 1499, USA
Toxicol Sci 106:46-54. 2008..Biochemical changes identified in manganese-exposed monkeys included endpoints relate to oxidative stress (e.g., oxidized glutathione) and neurotransmission (aminobutyrate, glutamine, phenylalanine)...
- Airborne manganese exposure differentially affects end points of oxidative stress in an age- and sex-dependent mannerKeith M Erikson
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and Interdisciplinary Program in Neuroscience, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 100:49-62. 2004..1-mg/m3 manganese phosphate exposure. These results demonstrate that age and sex are variables that must be considered when assessing the neurotoxicity of manganese...
- Assessment of geographical variation in the respiratory toxicity of desert dust particlesKaren Taylor
Department of Molecular Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC 27606, USA
Inhal Toxicol 25:405-16. 2013..Unexpectedly, we observed similar lung pathology in all extract-exposed rats. The results of our study can be used to prioritize future particle inhalation studies or guide epidemiological study design...
- Alterations of oxidative stress biomarkers due to in utero and neonatal exposures of airborne manganeseKeith M Erikson
Department of Nutrition, University of North Carolina Greensboro, NC, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 111:199-215. 2006..It is important to note that the doses of Mn utilized represent levels that are a hundred- to a thousand-fold higher than the inhalation reference concentration set by the United States Environmental Protection Agency...
- Inhalation dosimetry of hexamethylene diisocyanate vapor in the rat and human respiratory tractsJeffry D Schroeter
Applied Research Associates, Inc, 8537 Six Forks Road, Suite 600, Raleigh, NC 27615 2963, USA
Inhal Toxicol 25:168-77. 2013..Model predictions demonstrated significant penetration of HDI to human bronchial airways, although absorption rates were sensitive to breathing style...
- Oxidative stress is induced in the rat brain following repeated inhalation exposure to manganese sulfateAllison W Dobson
Department of Physiology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Biol Trace Elem Res 93:113-26. 2003....
- Pharmacokinetic evaluation of the equivalency of gavage, dietary, and drinking water exposure to manganese in F344 ratsMelanie L Foster
North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1060 William Moore Drive, Raleigh, North Carolina 27607, USA, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, 70 Ship Street, Rm 522, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA, Afton Chemical Corporation, 500 Spring Street, Richmond, Virginia 23219, USA and Nickel Producers Environmental Research Association NiPERA, 2525 Meridian Parkway, Suite 240 Durham, North Carolina 27713, USA
Toxicol Sci 145:244-51. 2015..These data will be used to refine physiologically based pharmacokinetic models, extending their utility for manganese risk assessment by including multiple dietary exposures...
- A comparison of pet and purpose-bred research dog (Canis familiaris) performance on human-guided object-choice tasksLucia Lazarowski
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, Raleigh, NC, USA Electronic address
Behav Processes 110:60-7. 2015..Our results indicate that ontogenetic experiences may influence a domestic dog's ability to use human gestures, highlighting the importance of testing different sub-populations of domestic dogs. ..
- Acquisition of a visual discrimination and reversal learning task by Labrador retrieversLucia Lazarowski
Department of Molecular and Biomedical Sciences, North Carolina State University, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1060 William Moore Drive, Raleigh, NC, 27607, USA
Anim Cogn 17:787-92. 2014....