Affiliation: North Shore University Hospital
- Adolescents and eating disorders: an examination of a day treatment programI Dancyger
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, USA
Eat Weight Disord 8:242-8. 2003..In this study, we report on our day treatment program (DTP) for adolescents and young adults with eating disorders (EDs)...
- Do daughters with eating disorders agree with their parents' perception of family functioning?Ida Dancyger
Department of Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Compr Psychiatry 46:135-9. 2005....
- A review of eating disorders and suicide risk in adolescenceIda F Dancyger
Department of Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 5:803-11. 2005..All health care professionals who are treating patients with an eating disorder must be keenly aware of the serious risks of suicidal behavior and of suicide in this population...
- What may underlie differing perceptions of family functioning between mothers and their adolescent daughters with eating disorders?Ida Dancyger
North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine Manhasset, NY, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 18:281-6. 2006..This study examined variables that may underlie these differences in a subgroup of adolescent girls and their mothers from the original study...
- Is perceived family dysfunction related to comorbid psychopathology? A study at an eating disorder day treatment programWillo Wisotsky
Ferkauf Graduate School of Psychology at Yeshiva University, Albert Einstein School of Medicine, New York, New York, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 18:235-44. 2006..Overall, as family functioning was perceived to be more dysfunctional, the level of self-reported eating pathology and current comorbid psychological symptoms was also more severe...
- Cultural factors in orthodox Jewish adolescents treated in a day program for eating disordersIda Dancyger
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital, New York University School of Medicine, Manhasset, New York, USA
Int J Adolesc Med Health 14:317-28. 2002..Overall, results suggest that Orthodox patients and all other patients show similar ED presentation and course. However, there are unique cultural and religious circumstances, which require consultation with rabbinic authorities...
- Psychosexual development and eating disordersVictor Fornari
Dept of Psychiatry, North Shore University Hospital, 400 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Adolesc Med 14:61-75. 2003..It should be considered as only one factor in the multidimensional, multifactorial framework needed to clarify this complex and still poorly understood set of disorders...