D C Norman
- Fever in the elderlyD C Norman
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, University of California of Los Angeles School of Medicine, and Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Clin Infect Dis 31:148-51. 2000..Finally, a diagnosis can be made in the majority of cases of fever of unknown origin (FUO) in the elderly. FUO is often associated with treatable conditions in this age group...
- Management of antibiotic-resistant bacteriaDean C Norman
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, California 90073, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:S242-6. 2002..This can best be accomplished by minimizing misuse of antibiotics and maximizing adherence to basic hygiene standards...
- Late-life depression: psychopathology, medical interventions, and dental implicationsArthur H Friedlander
Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, CA 90073, USA
Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod 94:404-12. 2002....
- The prevalence of calcified carotid artery atheromas on the panoramic radiographs of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitusArthur H Friedlander
Department of Veterans Affairs Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Calif 90073, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 133:1516-23. 2002....
- Geriatric alcoholism: pathophysiology and dental implicationsArthur H Friedlander
VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, 11301 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, Calif 90073, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:330-8. 2006..The authors reviewed the clinical features, epidemiology, diagnosis, medical treatment, orofacial findings and dental treatment of geriatric patients with alcoholism...
- Alzheimer's disease: psychopathology, medical management and dental implicationsArthur H Friedlander
VA Greater Lost Angeles Healthcare System, Hospital Dental Service, University of California Los Angeles Medical Center, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 137:1240-51. 2006..The authors review the clinical features, epidemiology, pathophysiology, medical management, dental findings and dental treatment of patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- Fever of unknown origin in older personsDean C Norman
University of California, Los Angeles David Geffen School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 21:937-45, viii. 2007..Moreover, it is important to aggressively determine the etiology of FUO in this older population because it is often treatable...
- Diminished proliferation of B blast cell in response to cytokines in ethanol-consuming miceMei Ping Chang
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, VA Medical Center, West Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol 24:69-82. 2002..The results should extend our basic understanding of the mechanism by which chronic alcoholism impairs the interactions and interdependence of T- and B-cell immune functions...