Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: New York Medical College
- Structure of monoubiquitinated PCNA: implications for DNA polymerase switching and Okazaki fragment maturationZhongtao Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Cell Cycle 11:2128-36. 2012..This provides evidence for the novel concept that ub-PCNA may modulate additional DNA transactions other than TLS polymerase recruitment and switching...
- Dynamics of enzymatic interactions during short flap human Okazaki fragment processing by two forms of human DNA polymerase δSzu Hua Sharon Lin
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, United States
DNA Repair (Amst) 12:922-35. 2013..The findings provide evidence for the novel concept that Pol δ3 has a role in lagging strand synthesis, and that both forms of Pol δ may participate in DNA replication in higher eukaryotic cells. ..
- A novel function of CRL4(Cdt2): regulation of the subunit structure of DNA polymerase δ in response to DNA damage and during the S phaseSufang Zhang
From the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595
J Biol Chem 288:29550-61. 2013..The formation of Pol δ3 in S phase as a normal aspect of cell cycle progression leads to the novel implications that it is involved in DNA replication as well as DNA repair. ..
- Identification of RNF8 as a ubiquitin ligase involved in targeting the p12 subunit of DNA polymerase δ for degradation in response to DNA damageSufang Zhang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York 10595, USA
J Biol Chem 288:2941-50. 2013..The identification of RNF8 allows new insights into the integration of the control of p12 degradation by different DNA damage signaling pathways...
- PDIP46 (DNA polymerase δ interacting protein 46) is an activating factor for human DNA polymerase δXiaoxiao Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, New York, USA
Oncotarget 7:6294-313. 2016..This raises the possibility that altered expression of PDIP46 or its mutation may affect Pol δ functions in vivo, and thereby be a nexus for altered genomic stability. ..
- Initiation and termination of DNA replication during S phase in relation to cyclins D1, E and A, p21WAF1, Cdt1 and the p12 subunit of DNA polymerase δ revealed in individual cells by cytometryZbigniew Darzynkiewicz
Brander Cancer Research Institute, Department of Pathology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY
Oncotarget 6:11735-50. 2015..Discussed is also usefulness of these markers as indicators of proliferative activity in cancer tissues that may bear information on tumor progression and have a prognostic value...
- Regulation of human DNA polymerase delta in the cellular responses to DNA damageMarietta Y W T Lee
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY 10595, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 53:683-98. 2012..This opens the horizons for future exploration of how this novel response to DNA damage contributes to genomic stability...
- Structure/Function Studies of Quinone Reductase 2Zhongtao Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2009....