Affiliation: New Jersey
- Cytogenetics in reproductive medicine: the contribution of comparative genomic hybridization (CGH)Dagan Wells
The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science, St Barnabas Medical Center, New Jersey 07052, USA
Bioessays 25:289-300. 2003..The clinical application of CGH for the purposes of PGD and the future extensions of the methodology, including DNA microarrays, are discussed...
- Removal of 2 cells from cleavage stage embryos is likely to reduce the efficacy of chromosomal tests that are used to enhance implantation ratesJacques Cohen
Reprogenetics LLC, West Orange, New Jersey, USA
Fertil Steril 87:496-503. 2007..To evaluate whether differences in results between studies that involve preimplantation genetic diagnosis for chromosome testing are affected by technology, such as the number of cells to be biopsied or by differences in study design...
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis of single-gene disorders: experience with more than 200 cycles conducted by a reference laboratory in the United StatesCristina Gutiérrez-Mateo
Reprogenetics LLC, Livingston, New Jersey, USA
Fertil Steril 92:1544-56. 2009..To evaluate trends and outcomes from preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) cycles...
- Maternal age-related differential global expression profiles observed in human oocytesNury M Steuerwald
ART Institute of New York and New Jersey, Livingston, New Jersey 07039, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 14:700-8. 2007..These results are corroborated by a complementary extensive study using mouse oocytes...
- First clinical application of comparative genomic hybridization and polar body testing for preimplantation genetic diagnosis of aneuploidyDagan Wells
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College London, United Kingdom
Fertil Steril 78:543-9. 2002..To develop a preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) protocol that allows any form of chromosome imbalance to be detected...
- Questions concerning the suitability of comparative genomic hybridization for preimplantation genetic diagnosisSantiago Munne
The Institute of Reproductive Medicine and Science, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, West Orange, New Jersey 07052, USA
Fertil Steril 80:871-2; discussion 875. 2003
- Advances in preimplantation genetic diagnosisDagan Wells
The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science, St Barnabas Medical Center, 101, Old Short Hills Road, NJ 07052, USA
Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 115:S97-101. 2004..This paper discusses technical innovations that have improved the scope and accuracy of PGD, as well as the emergence of new indications for PGD that are sometimes considered controversial (e.g. HLA-typing)...
- Single-cell sequencing and mini-sequencing for preimplantation genetic diagnosisMercedes G Bermudez
The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, West Orange, NJ 07052, USA
Prenat Diagn 23:669-77. 2003..Small amplicons experience low allele dropout (ADO) rates, and consequently this approach could potentially improve the reliability of PGD...
- Single cell diagnosis using comparative genomic hybridization after preliminary DNA amplification still needs more tweaking: too many miscallsElpida Fragouli
Fertil Steril 88:247-8; author reply 248-9. 2007
- Birth of a healthy boy after a double factor PGD in a couple carrying a genetic disease and at risk for aneuploidy: case reportAlbert Obradors
Unitat de Biologia Cel lular i Genètica Mèdica, Facultat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Hum Reprod 23:1949-56. 2008..3849 + 10 KbC > T mutation. Embryo 3 was transferred achieving pregnancy and a healthy boy was born. This strategy may lead to increased pregnancy rates by allowing preferential transfer of euploid embryos...
- Reliability of comparative genomic hybridization to detect chromosome abnormalities in first polar bodies and metaphase II oocytesCristina Gutiérrez-Mateo
Departament de Biologia Cel lular, Fisiologia i Immunologia, Unitat de Medicina, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, E 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
Hum Reprod 19:2118-25. 2004..However, the number of chromosomes that can be analyzed is a clear limitation. We evaluate the reliability of using comparative genomic hybridization (CGH) to detect the whole set of chromosomes, as an alternative to PGD using FISH...
- Expression profiles of individual human oocytes using microarray technologyMercedes G Bermudez
Gamete and Embryo Research Laboratory, Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science of Saint Barnabas, West Orange, NJ 07052, USA
Reprod Biomed Online 8:325-37. 2004..The amplification strategy consistently produced a complex representative cDNA population. A catalogue of 1361 transcripts expressed in human oocytes was identified, of which 406 have been independently confirmed using other methods...
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for single gene disorders: experience with five single gene disordersJoyce C Harper
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, University College London, London, UK
Prenat Diagn 22:525-33. 2002....
- Association of abnormal morphology and altered gene expression in human preimplantation embryosDagan Wells
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Yale University Medical School, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Fertil Steril 84:343-55. 2005..We set out to characterize the expression of nine genes in human preimplantation embryos and determine whether abnormal morphology is associated with altered gene activity...
- Complete cytogenetic investigation of oocytes from a young cancer patient with the use of comparative genomic hybridisation reveals meiotic errorsElpida Fragouli
UCL Centre for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, 86 96 Chenies Mews, University College London, London, WC1E 6HX, UK
Prenat Diagn 26:71-6. 2006..The complete cytogenetic investigation of human oocytes and the corresponding first polar bodies (PBs) derived from an 18-year old female cancer patient...
- A successful strategy for Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis of beta-thalassemia and simultaneous detection of Down's syndrome using multiplex fluorescent PCRWirawit Piyamongkol
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University, Thailand
J Med Assoc Thai 89:918-27. 2006..The objective of the present study was to develop and apply quick, sensitive and accurate single cell PCR protocols for PGD of beta-thalassemia and Down's syndrome detection...
- BRCA1/2 mutation status influences somatic genetic progression in inherited and sporadic epithelial ovarian cancer casesSusan J Ramus
Department of Oncology, Strangeways Research Laboratories, Cambridge, United Kingdom
Cancer Res 63:417-23. 2003....
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosis: an alternative to prenatal diagnosisJoy D A Delhanty
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2:395-9. 2002
- Gene expression profiling of human oocytes at different maturational stages and after in vitro maturationDagan Wells
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Obstet Gynecol 198:455.e1-9; discussion 455.e9-11. 2008..The purpose of this study was to catalog genes expressed in human oocytes at germinal vesicle (GV) or metaphase II (MII) stage and to compare gene profiles between oocytes matured in vivo (in vivo-MII) and in vitro (IVM-MII)...
- Preimplantation genetic diagnosisSantiago Munne
Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science, Saint Barnabas Medical Center, West Orange, New Jersey, USA
Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 14:239-44. 2002....