A J Voitk
Affiliation: New York University
- The tail of the learning curve for laparoscopic cholecystectomyA J Voitk
Department of Surgery, The Salvation Army Scarborough Grace Hospital, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Am J Surg 182:250-3. 2001..This study estimates the number of laparoscopic cholecystectomies required until improvement ceases, assesses the magnitude of such improvement, and provides some insight into the mechanism by which it takes place...
- Is outpatient surgery safe for the higher risk patient?A J Voitk
Department of Surgery, The Salvation Army Scarborough Grace Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Gastrointest Surg 2:156-8. 1998..Problems requiring admission are readily evident during the period of observation and no patient who remains stable decompensates later...
- The learning curve in laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair for the community general surgeonA J Voitk
Department of Surgery, Salvation Army Scarborough Grace Hospital, Ont
Can J Surg 41:446-50. 1998..To determine the learning curve (number of operations required) to stabilize operating times and complication rates for a general surgeon doing laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in a community practice...
- Laparoscopic vertical banded gastroplasty: early results with the JOVO procedureAndrus Voitk
Department of Surgery, Scarborough Hospital, Grace Division, Scarborough, ON, Canada
Obes Surg 12:62-4. 2002..Vertical banded gastroplasty (VBG) is an established treatment for morbid obesity for selected patients. This study seeks to assess the effectiveness of a laparoscopic version, the JOVO procedure, of the VBG...
- Effect of laparoscopic failure on outcome of laparoscopic nissen fundoplication: independent reviewAndrus Voitk
Department of Surgery, The Scarborough Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Laparoendosc Adv Surg Tech A 12:35-9. 2002..This study was undertaken to determine whether conversion or early reoperation contributed significantly to the eventual outcome of laparoscopic Nissen fundoplication...
- The umbilicus in laparoscopic surgeryA J Voitk
Department of Surgery, The Scarborough Hospital, Grace Division, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Surg Endosc 15:878-81. 2001..This study examines the factors related to infection and incisional herniation after laparoscopy at the umbilicus, as compared with those at remote sites...