Cladd E Stevens
Affiliation: New York Blood Center
- Placental/umbilical cord blood for unrelated-donor bone marrow reconstitution: relevance of nucleated red blood cellsCladd E Stevens
Wolf Szmuness Laboratory of Epidemiology, the F H Allen Laboratory of Immunogenetics, and the Laboratory of Hematopoietic Progenitors of the New York Blood Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 100:2662-4. 2002..The correlation between the number of NRBCs and the number of hematopoietic progenitor cells probably reflects the involvement of early stem cells in erythroid responses...
- HLA mismatch direction in cord blood transplantation: impact on outcome and implications for cord blood unit selectionCladd E Stevens
New York Blood Center, National Cord Blood Program, New York, NY, USA
Blood 118:3969-78. 2011..We recommend that transplant centers give priority to GVH-O-mismatched units over other mismatches and avoid selecting R-O mismatches, if possible...
- Extracellular DNA in cord blood plasma and applications in cord blood banking for sample identificationMaria S Albano
National Cord Blood Program, 310 E 67 Street, New York, NY 10065, USA
Transfusion 49:1685-91. 2009..We have previously reported that viral DNA sequences are present in the CB plasma of carrier babies and now hypothesize that human genomic DNA may also be present in CB plasma...
- Combined effect of total nucleated cell dose and HLA match on transplantation outcome in 1061 cord blood recipients with hematologic malignanciesJuliet N Barker
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Blood 115:1843-9. 2010..These findings support new unit selection criteria that take into account both TNC dose and HLA-match and have important implications for the size of the global CB inventory needed to find an optimum CB graft...
- Association between Nondominant Unit Total Nucleated Cell Dose and Engraftment in Myeloablative Double-Unit Cord Blood TransplantationDuncan Purtill
Adult Bone Marrow Transplantation Service, Department of Medicine, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 21:1981-4. 2015....
- Umbilical cord blood transplantation and cytomegalovirus: Posttransplantation infection and donor screeningMaria S Albano
National Cord Blood Program, New York Blood Center, 310 E 67 St, New York, NY 10021, USA
Blood 108:4275-82. 2006..Saliva culture for CMV had both false-positive and -negative results. CB-PCR was a useful alternative for detecting CMV in CB donors...
- Obstetric predictors of placental/umbilical cord blood volume for transplantationJohannes Jones
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Brooklyn Hospital Center, New York, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:503-9. 2003..However, the amount of donor blood and the cell content that are collected may be insufficient for engraftment in some adult recipients. This study identifies obstetric factors that affect retrievable placental cord blood volume...