Mark N Stein
Affiliation: New Jersey
- CCR drug updates: sorafenib and sunitinib in renal cell carcinomaMark N Stein
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Clin Cancer Res 13:3765-70. 2007
- Transdermal estradiol in castrate and chemotherapy resistant prostate cancerMark Stein
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ RWJMS, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Med Sci Monit 18:CR260-4. 2012....
- A randomized phase II trial of mitoxantrone, estramustine and vinorelbine or bcl-2 modulation with 13-cis retinoic acid, interferon and paclitaxel in patients with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer: ECOG 3899Robert S DiPaola
Department of Medicine, The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ RWJMS, New Brunswick NJ, USA
J Transl Med 8:20. 2010....
- Targeting tumor metabolism with 2-deoxyglucose in patients with castrate-resistant prostate cancer and advanced malignanciesMark Stein
Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901, USA
Prostate 70:1388-94. 2010....
- Patterns and correlates of prostate cancer treatment in older menCalpurnyia B Roberts
Department of Medicine, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center, Brooklyn, NY, USA
Am J Med 124:235-43. 2011..Although elderly men, particularly patients with low-risk prostate cancer and a life expectancy less than 10 years, are unlikely to benefit from prostate cancer active therapy, treatment rates in this group are high...
- Risk profiles and treatment patterns among men diagnosed as having prostate cancer and a prostate-specific antigen level below 4.0 ng/mlYu Hsuan Shao
Dean and Betty Gallo Prostate Cancer Center, Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Arch Intern Med 170:1256-61. 2010..Despite controversy over the benefit of prostate-specific antigen (PSA) screening, little is known about risk profiles and treatment patterns in men diagnosed as having prostate cancer who have a PSA value less than or equal to 4.0 ng/mL...
- A phase II study of atorvastatin and celecoxib in patients with rising PSA following local therapy for prostate cancer (PC)Susan Goodin
Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ Cooper Cancer Institute, Voorhees, NJ Wayne State University Karmanos Cancer Center, Detroit, MI
J Clin Oncol 30:89. 2012....
- Effects of ketoconazole and esomeprazole on the pharmacokinetics of pazopanib in patients with solid tumorsAntoinette R Tan
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:1635-43. 2013..This study evaluated the effect of a potent CYP3A4 inhibitor, ketoconazole, and the proton pump inhibitor esomeprazole on the pharmacokinetics and safety of pazopanib and its metabolites...
- A phase I dose-escalation trial of 2-deoxy-D-glucose alone or combined with docetaxel in patients with advanced solid tumorsLuis E Raez
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, PO Box 016960, Miami, FL 33101, USA
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 71:523-30. 2013..This phase I trial was initiated to evaluate the safety, pharmacokinetics (PK) and maximum tolerated dose (MTD) of the glycolytic inhibitor, 2-deoxy-D-glucose (2DG) in combination with docetaxel, in patients with advanced solid tumors...
- Abiraterone in prostate cancer: a new angle to an old problemMark N Stein
Cancer Institute of NewJersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Clin Cancer Res 18:1848-54. 2012..These promising results now pose a new angle to an old problem about hormonal therapy and raise new questions about how resistance develops, how to best sequence therapy, and how to optimize combinations with other emerging novel agents...
- Phase I study of gemcitabine, docetaxel and imatinib in refractory and relapsed solid tumorsBiren Saraiya
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, 195 Little Albany St, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Invest New Drugs 30:258-65. 2012..In a phase I study, the combination of gemcitabine and imatinib was well tolerated with broad anticancer activity. This phase I trial evaluated the triplet of docetaxel, gemcitabine and imatinib...
- Therapeutic starvation and autophagy in prostate cancer: a new paradigm for targeting metabolism in cancer therapyRobert S DiPaola
Department of Medicine, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Prostate 68:1743-52. 2008..The understanding of autophagy, as either a mechanism of resistance to therapies that induce metabolic stress, or as a means to cell death, is rapidly expanding and supportive of a new paradigm of therapeutic starvation...
- A randomized phase II study of bicalutamide (BIC) followed by placebo or gamma secretase inhibitor RO4929097 (RO492) in men with rising PSAMark N Stein
Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
J Clin Oncol 30:219. 2012..Serum is collected for evaluation of soluble markers of gamma secretase inhibition. 29 pts/arm in randomization phase gives 90% power to detect a decrease in1 yr PFS from 80% to 45% with 5% alpha...
- A validated HPLC assay for the determination of R-(-)-gossypol in human plasma and its application in clinical pharmacokinetic studiesHongxia Lin
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 195 Little Albany Street, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
J Pharm Biomed Anal 66:371-5. 2012..The validated assay is accurate, and sensitive with minimum loss and rapid analysis time and suitable for quantification of gossypol for pharmacokinetics evaluation...
- Rationally designed treatment for solid tumors with MAPK pathway activation: a phase I study of paclitaxel and bortezomib using an adaptive dose-finding approachJanice M Mehnert
Department of Medicine, Division of Medical Oncology, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 10:1509-19. 2011....
- Contemporary risk profile of prostate cancer in the United StatesYu Hsuan Shao
Department of Population Science, Cancer Institute of New Jersey, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 101:1280-3. 2009..In conclusion, more men were diagnosed with prostate cancer at a younger age and earlier stage in 2004-2005 than in earlier years. The racial disparity in cancer stage at diagnosis has decreased statistically significantly over time...
- Clinical Actionability of Comprehensive Genomic Profiling for Management of Rare or Refractory CancersKim M Hirshfield
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Medicine, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA
Oncologist . 2016..The frequency with which targeted tumor sequencing results will lead to implemented change in care is unclear. Prospective assessment of the feasibility and limitations of using genomic sequencing is critically important...
- Identification of the DNA repair defects in a case of Dubowitz syndromeJingyin Yue
The Cancer Institute of New Jersey, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e54389. 2013..These data suggests that at least subset of Dubowitz syndrome can be attributed to DNA ligase IV mutations...