Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey
Location: New Brunswick, United States
Cardiovascular Diseases prevention and treatment
Cell biology (embryonic stem cell, vascular smooth muscle cell, endothelial cell, cancer cell)
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Estrogen-eluting stent implantation inhibits neointimal formation and extracellular signal-regulated kinase activationYaling Han
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Shenyang Northern Hospital, Shenyang, China
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 70:647-53. 2007..Preliminary trial of estrogen-eluting stent implantation in patients with coronary disease also suggests a reduction in restenosis...
- Nerve growth factor promotes formation of lumen-like structures in vitro through inducing apoptosis in human umbilical vein endothelial cellsYaling Han
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Cardiology, Shenyang Northern Hospital, 83 Wenhua Road, Shenyang 110016, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:685-91. 2008..Application of NGF-neutralizing antibody or simultaneous blockade of TrkA and p75NTR significantly blocks spontaneous and NGF-induced LLS formation. These data support a role for NGF-induced cell apoptosis in LLS formation in vitro...
- Endogenous transforming growth factor (TGF) beta1 promotes differentiation of smooth muscle cells from embryonic stem cells: stable plasmid-based siRNA silencing of TGF beta1 gene expressionYaling Han
Department of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Research Institute, Shenyang Northern Hospital, 110016 Shenyang, Liaoning, China
J Physiol Sci 60:35-41. 2010..These data suggest that endogenous TGF beta1 promotes differentiation of SMC from ES cells...
- Rac1 is essential for basement membrane-dependent epiblast survivalXiaowen He
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Mol Cell Biol 30:3569-81. 2010..Our results reveal a signaling cascade triggered by cell-BM interactions essential for epithelial morphogenesis...
- Cdc42 controls vascular network assembly through protein kinase Cι during embryonic vasculogenesisYanmei Qi
Department of Surgery, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Brunswick, 08903 0019, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:1861-70. 2011..The goal of this study was to determine the role of Cdc42 in embryonic vasculogenesis and the underlying mechanisms...
- Talin1 regulates integrin turnover to promote embryonic epithelial morphogenesisJie Liu
Department of Surgery, Robert Wood Johnson Medical School UMDNJ, New Brunswick, New Jersey 08903, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3366-77. 2011..All together, these results suggest that talin1 binding to integrin promotes epiblast adhesion and morphogenesis in part by preventing integrin β1 degradation...
- The involvement of integrin β1 signaling in the migration and myofibroblastic differentiation of skin fibroblasts on anisotropic collagen-containing nanofibersChengyang Huang
Department of Chemistry, Chemical Biology and Biomedical Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Hoboken, NJ 07030, USA
Biomaterials 33:1791-800. 2012....
- Bnip3 and AIF cooperate to induce apoptosis and cavitation during epithelial morphogenesisYanmei Qi
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08093, USA
J Cell Biol 198:103-14. 2012..These results uncover a mechanism of cavitation through hypoxia-induced apoptosis of the core cells mediated by HIFs, Bnip3, and AIF...
- GATA-6 promotes cell survival by up-regulating BMP-2 expression during embryonic stem cell differentiationLi Rong
Department of Surgery, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ 08903, USA
Mol Biol Cell 23:3754-63. 2012..Collectively these results suggest that GATA-6 promotes cell survival by regulating endoderm expression of BMP-2 and BM during embryonic epithelial morphogenesis...