F M Muggia
Affiliation: New York University
- Phase II study of liposomal doxorubicin in refractory ovarian cancer: antitumor activity and toxicity modification by liposomal encapsulationF M Muggia
Department of Radiology, University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, USA
J Clin Oncol 15:987-93. 1997..Liposomal doxorubicin was selected as a result of its superior activity against ovarian cancer xenografts relative to free doxorubicin and activity in refractory ovarian cancer patients that was noted during the phase I study...
- Treatment of patients with ovarian carcinoma with pegylated liposomal doxorubicin: analysis of toxicities and predictors of outcomeT Safra
Department of Medical Oncology, Kenneth Norris Jr. Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer 91:90-100. 2001..The role of this treatment in combination with other effective drugs should be explored in both previously treated and untreated patients with ovarian carcinoma...
- Phase I and pharmacologic study of i.v. hydroxyurea infusion given with i.p. 5-fluoro-2'-deoxyuridine and leucovorinA A Garcia
1University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Anticancer Drugs 12:505-11. 2001..29 +/- 10.88 ml/min. Neutropenia represented the dose-limiting toxicity. We conclude that i.p. FUdR and LV in combination with i.v. HU is well tolerated. The addition of systemic HU increased the incidence of myelosuppression...
- Platinums: extending their therapeutic spectrumF M Muggia
New York University School of Medicine, NY, NY 10016, USA
J Chemother 16:77-82. 2004..Both new drug development and mechanistic studies with established drugs should lead to the next generation of clinical studies with platinum compounds, and their integration with emerging 'targeted therapies'...
- Role of complement activation in hypersensitivity reactions to doxil and hynic PEG liposomes: experimental and clinical studiesJ Szebeni
Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, Silver Spring, MD, USA
J Liposome Res 12:165-72. 2002..These data suggest that liposome-induced HSRs in susceptible individuals may be due to C activation, which, in turn, is due to the presence of negatively charged PEG-PE in these vesicles...
- Complement activation following first exposure to pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (Doxil): possible role in hypersensitivity reactionsA Chanan-Khan
Kaplan Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York University, New York, NY, USA
Ann Oncol 14:1430-7. 2003..Previous in vitro and animal studies indicated that activation of the complement (C) system might play a causal role in the process, a proposal that has not been tested in humans to date...
- Sequential single agents as first-line chemotherapy for ovarian cancer: a strategy derived from the results of GOG-132F M Muggia
NYU School of Medicine and Cancer Institute, New York, NY 10016, USA
Int J Gynecol Cancer 13:156-62. 2003..Mathematical modeling and recent positive results in breast cancer adjuvant therapy support the use of 'dose-dense' strategies, and these should be considered in the design of future trials in ovarian cancer...
- 'Retarded pharmaceuticals' assuming a clinical roleF M Muggia
Onkologie 27:437-8. 2004
- Proteasome inhibition with bortezomib (PS-341): a phase I study with pharmacodynamic end points using a day 1 and day 4 schedule in a 14-day cycleA L Hamilton
New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:6107-16. 2005..We performed a phase I study of a day (D) 1 and D4 bortezomib administration once every 2 weeks to determine the recommended phase II dose and toxicity profile, and the extent of 20S proteasome inhibition obtained...